Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ftahir02
Want to do law at:
LSE
City
Brunel
Greenwich

That's a ridiculous listing. There is one hell of a drop from LSE to the rest. If you're not going to get into LSE and you achieve A*AA, it would make no sense whatsoever to go to City. I can see you want to stay in London, but I seriously do not agree with your choice of unis.
Want to do law at:
LSE
City
Brunel
Greenwich

My as levels were:
Government and politics- Grade A
Religious studies- Grade A
History- Grade B
English literature- Grade C

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! They might be a little lower than the average LSE applicant for Law but not low enough to not bother applying. Just make sure you show great academic interest (LSE don't care about you wanting to be a lawyer) and have a good PS. Also, for LSE, make sure you get A*AA predicted grades and feel confident that you can achieve this. For the others I wouldn't worry about them at all! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by antigone-
Yes! They might be a little lower than the average LSE applicant for Law but not low enough to not bother applying. Just make sure you show great academic interest (LSE don't care about you wanting to be a lawyer) and have a good PS. Also, for LSE, make sure you get A*AA predicted grades and feel confident that you can achieve this. For the others I wouldn't worry about them at all! :smile:

Thank you so much! You were very helpful! To be honest lse is my aspiration all option and city is the one I really wanna go to. Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by callum_law
That's a ridiculous listing. There is one hell of a drop from LSE to the rest. If you're not going to get into LSE and you achieve A*AA, it would make no sense whatsoever to go to City. I can see you want to stay in London, but I seriously do not agree with your choice of unis.

Lse is my aspiration all option. City is my favourite by far. I appreciate your help and response but no offence it's not your problem if you don't agree with my uni choices

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much! You were very helpful! To be honest lse is my aspiration all option and city is the one I really wanna go to. Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best of luck with your application!

Just to echo the other poster though, you are jumping from City to LSE, have you considered other RG unis? UCL, Queen Mary's and King's are incredible if you want to stay in London, and Royal Holloway is not RG but still of good repute.
Reply 6
Best of luck with your application!

Just to echo the other poster though, you are jumping from City to LSE, have you considered other RG unis? UCL, Queen Mary's and King's are incredible if you want to stay in London, and Royal Holloway is not RG but still of good repute.

Wait I'm sorry I'm actually really confused... Is it coz LSe is top and city isn't, I swear don't mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Sorry I accidentally pressed send. But seriously what's wrong with the rest? Thanks xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait I'm sorry I'm actually really confused... Is it coz LSe is top and city isn't, I swear don't mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

In terms of reputation and also entry requirements, City and LSE are very very different. Most applicants applying to LSE will also be applying to other top unis like UCL, King's, Nottingham, Oxford etc. Your AS grades indicate you could apply to these unis too, it just seems strange you would go for slightly less reputable unis. Obviously it's your choice though :smile:
To clarify, the others aren't bad, LSE is just on a completely different level
Lse is my aspiration all option. City is my favourite by far. I appreciate your help and response but no offence it's not your problem if you don't agree with my uni choices

Right ... Well, best of luck at City with your A*AA grades. I am sure you won't regret that decision :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by callum_law
Right ... Well, best of luck at City with your A*AA grades. I am sure you won't regret that decision :biggrin:

Sorry I sound so rude. I am sorry. It's just that I know that lse wants top grades inc gcses and whiles I did ok at as level I didn't do much greater at gcse. I do appreciate you responding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
To clarify, the others aren't bad, LSE is just on a completely different level

Ahhhh thanks xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest