The Student Room Group

Worried about not getting loan in time.

Because of various things to do with getting a new passport which i had to go to london for as i am a polish national and sending it off to SFE and then getting a letter asking me for evidence for my residency im really worried that i might not get my loans in time. My first rent installment goes out on the 16th of october and im worried i wont have the 2000 i need by then. Any advice? Been so scared im even contemplating not going uni now.
Original post by Kacperrrr
Because of various things to do with getting a new passport which i had to go to london for as i am a polish national and sending it off to SFE and then getting a letter asking me for evidence for my residency im really worried that i might not get my loans in time. My first rent installment goes out on the 16th of october and im worried i wont have the 2000 i need by then. Any advice? Been so scared im even contemplating not going uni now.

Are you living in halls? :biggrin: If so ring up/email the accommodation team at your uni, they are usually lenient and understand of circumstances like this and will give you an extension to pay your rent, without any fines.
Reply 2
Original post by Hayley Williams
Are you living in halls? :biggrin: If so ring up/email the accommodation team at your uni, they are usually lenient and understand of circumstances like this and will give you an extension to pay your rent, without any fines.

I will give them a ring tomorrow. But the thing is i do not know when i even will get my loan. Not sure wether they will understand that. If worse comes to worst ill just have to wait a year before going uni
Original post by Kacperrrr
I will give them a ring tomorrow. But the thing is i do not know when i even will get my loan. Not sure wether they will understand that. If worse comes to worst ill just have to wait a year before going uni

Have student finance not given you your payment schedule yet? It's online, on your account. Just ring student finance up and keep pestering them :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Hayley Williams
Have student finance not given you your payment schedule yet? It's online, on your account. Just ring student finance up and keep pestering them :biggrin:

No they havent. I sent of my residency form with evidence 4 weeks ago and i got a letter last week saying itll be another 6-8 weeks before it gets assessed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending