The Student Room Group

Nursing and funding

I’m going to do nursing in September and as I get the NHS bursary so my course fees are paid. Due to this I get a reduced maintenance loan, if £4600 but my accommodation is £7091 a year. I’m really stressed about funding and am worried I won’t be able to pay for accommodation. I do have a part time job and I could maybe keep doing it but I’ve heard with nursing there’s very little free time in which I could do this. What do I do?
I would suggest just find a cheaper accommodation, and use the money effectively....also, goodluck with working while doing yr nursing degree...I heard that it can be very stressful to have part time while doing it
Original post by Sparker25
I’m going to do nursing in September and as I get the NHS bursary so my course fees are paid. Due to this I get a reduced maintenance loan, if £4600 but my accommodation is £7091 a year. I’m really stressed about funding and am worried I won’t be able to pay for accommodation. I do have a part time job and I could maybe keep doing it but I’ve heard with nursing there’s very little free time in which I could do this. What do I do?

Sorry what sort of bursary are you getting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending