The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Postgraduate Funding - US DIrect Loan

I was wondering if anyone else has applied for the US Direct Loan for postgraduate funding at York. I was told my loan funding amount back in June and haven't heard anything back about my official letter confirming funding, which I need to apply for my visa. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?
Original post by juliannetet
I was wondering if anyone else has applied for the US Direct Loan for postgraduate funding at York. I was told my loan funding amount back in June and haven't heard anything back about my official letter confirming funding, which I need to apply for my visa. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

Hi!

I've just checked with one of our regional managers for North America and they recommend that you contact the Student Financial Support Unit at [email protected] for an update on your loan application. That way you'll be able to get peace of mind that your application is being processed!

Hazel :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by University of York
Hi!

I've just checked with one of our regional managers for North America and they recommend that you contact the Student Financial Support Unit at [email protected] for an update on your loan application. That way you'll be able to get peace of mind that your application is being processed!

Thank you for asking! I have reached out to SFSU, and they told me they are processing the application :smile: I was getting worried that it's cutting close but it looks like they have a lot of applications this year. Thank you for the tip!
Thank you for asking! I have reached out to SFSU, and they told me they are processing the application :smile: I was getting worried that it's cutting close but it looks like they have a lot of applications this year. Thank you for the tip!

No problem! If you don't hear anything soon let us know and we can try and chase the team on our end!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
No problem! If you don't hear anything soon let us know and we can try and chase the team on our end!

I think it may be a good idea to reach out to them on your end - I emailed them for an update last week (forgot to specify this in my post) so they haven't gotten back to me in quite a while. Unless the regional officers from the North America think it is normal for it to take this long? I've had visa processes take around a month in total which is why I've been getting worried it's cutting it close. Thanks so much for the reassurance and help and sorry to bother!
I think it may be a good idea to reach out to them on your end - I emailed them for an update last week (forgot to specify this in my post) so they haven't gotten back to me in quite a while. Unless the regional officers from the North America think it is normal for it to take this long? I've had visa processes take around a month in total which is why I've been getting worried it's cutting it close. Thanks so much for the reassurance and help and sorry to bother!

Hi,

It's no bother at all! I've chased the student finance team and will let you know when I get a response.

Hi @juliannetet,

This is the response I've had from the Student Finance Team:

"The federal direct loans process set by the US Department of Education requires us to only start originating student loans from mid June, therefore we are now processing a high number of applications from students who first applied in May when the application form opened and students who are applying now. We have reassured every student who has been in contact that we are working through them as quickly as possible, and that they will receive updates as soon as their applications have progressed to the next stage. Unfortunately we do not have a time line of when this will be."

Sorry this isn't more helpful, but I really hope you get your confirmation soon!

Reply 7
Hi @juliannetet,

This is the response I've had from the Student Finance Team:

"The federal direct loans process set by the US Department of Education requires us to only start originating student loans from mid June, therefore we are now processing a high number of applications from students who first applied in May when the application form opened and students who are applying now. We have reassured every student who has been in contact that we are working through them as quickly as possible, and that they will receive updates as soon as their applications have progressed to the next stage. Unfortunately we do not have a time line of when this will be."

Sorry this isn't more helpful, but I really hope you get your confirmation soon!

Thank you so very much for reaching out, I greatly appreciate it! Guess we will just have to wait with fingers crossed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending