The Student Room Group

Does it affect if i change from Ocr to AQA?

I mean im gonna change schools now. So id like to know what's the difference between both examination boards?
I'm studying biology, chemistry, Spanish. And i will possibly take psychology or sociology?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Chazeyourself
I mean im gonna change schools now. So id like to know what's the difference between both examination boards?
I'm studying biology, chemistry, Spanish. And i will possibly take psychology or sociology?

Have you already done your AS level?
I transferred from sixth form to college between AS and A2, like you I went from OCR to AQA.
If that's the same for you, you just need to transfer your credits but your school/college will do that for you.

The A2 syllabus for AQA Biology is basically the same for the AS OCR one (although much less detail may I add) so you'd be at an advantage since you'd already have learnt the stuff
Chemistry is much harder on AQA than OCR but definitely manageable - the 2 syllabuses compliment one another, chemistry is chemistry at the end of the day. One exam board isn't going to teach different mechanisms than the other
Don't know about languages I didn't take one but definitely pick up sociology of AQA - it's a very "easy" subject that most people do well on (I only dropped 28 ums marks on the whole A Level out of 400) Psychology on the other hand is a b*tch

The only other thing i'd say is both exam boards have their strengths and weaknesses, OCR is much more content based (recalling facts) whilst AQA is much more application orientated. So if you struggle to apply knowledge stay on OCR and if you struggle to recall straight facts then move to AQA

Quick Reply

Latest