The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't feel stressed anymore cause now I know that we should wait the offers after August 15. My friends are an exchange students which is why they have already received their offers. :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1181
Ahhhh I was checking my email all day today like " ahhhh why haven't I been offered accommodation I applied early and I live outside the m25'
Reply 1182
I have a Moonraker ensuite - if anyone has a single for Wolfson or GDSA and would like to swap please let me know ^^
Reply 1183
I have been offered hampstead residences as my halls and would much appreciate it if anyone was willing to swap?
Reply 1184
Original post by Otaku101
I have a Moonraker ensuite - if anyone has a single for Wolfson or GDSA and would like to swap please let me know ^^

I have hampstead residences if that takes your fancy?
I have an ensuite room in Ewen Henderson Court, if anyone has a GDS room that they would like to swap then PM me please :smile:
Reply 1186
Hi guys... Advertisement time haha.

SWAPPING:
Hughes Parry Hall (single)

FOR:
Wolfson House
Stamford Street Apartments
Great Dover Street Apartments
Brian Creamer House

Hughes Parry Hall is great, it is within walking distance of Strand campus, you are catered, located in Bloomsbury (great place...), and much more. I just realised after having chosen my preferences that I'd prefer cooking for myself (I'm a bit picky with the nutrients in my food haha) and, more importantly, be near the swimming pool, located next to Wolfson House. To be honest, I'd keep the offer if it weren't for these two things, especially the pool.

Please do let me know if interested, especially if you're in Wolfson House!
Hi!! I got Nutford and was wondering if anyone was willing to switch for either Stamford or Great Dover (basically anything with a bathroom or at least self-catered lol) Let me know!! :smile:
Reply 1188
Just filled in all of the forms and sent them to KCL! I am wondering when and how will know that our accommodation offer is officially confirmed?
Reply 1189
Original post by hslakaal
Also, there are always rooms available after the first round of allocations. Tons of London students got rooms as well tbh this year (well last year now I suppose... :| )

Oh, really?! That's awesome! :biggrin:

Does anybody know when they start the second allocations?
If one is willing to swap accommodation, how will the contract(s) situation change?
Do we swap 'informally' aka we still have our own respective contracts, or do we swap our contracts altogether?

I have been allocated at Great Dover and am willing to consider places closer to Strand Campus (especially Stamford Streets!) if anyone has an offer :smile: .

Thanks to whoever answers this.
Original post by dbrisingr
If one is willing to swap accommodation, how will the contract(s) situation change?
Do we swap 'informally' aka we still have our own respective contracts, or do we swap our contracts altogether?

I have been allocated at Great Dover and am willing to consider places closer to Strand Campus (especially Stamford Streets!) if anyone has an offer :smile: .

Hi,

You can swap rooms once you go to King's in September. As far as I know , you need to talk to the manager of your residence and he/she prepares the documents and charges you 30 pounds administrative tax.In the new contract everything is changed-the room and the fee. Swaps can be done 1 week after the contract which means no later than 1 week after 14th.

If I am not right , someone please correct me. :smile:
Reply 1192
Original post by Njaff
I have been offered hampstead residences as my halls and would much appreciate it if anyone was willing to swap?

I know intercollegiate halls aren't anyone's top choice but if you can't find anyone else then I'd be more than happy to swap my Commonwealth Hall single for your Hampstead room!
Intercollegiate halls are epic. Trust me! I was there for first year & it's awesome. Yeah it was far from Guys but you're so close to Holborn/Leicester sq/Piccadilly.

You're with loads of other uni's which is refreshing. My hall even had a bar in it. Oh and you're a stones throw from the Brunswick centre which has loads of good restaurants.

Give them a chance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1194
Original post by dbrisingr

Hey! I have been allocated Moonraker Point but would much rather prefer Great Dover Street Appartments. Are you interested in swapping?
Hello, anybody have a non-ensuite room at College and wants to swap to one at Commonwealth?
I didn't received any offer yet, I'm an erasmus student. Shall I worry about this or is there still hope?
Hi guys!
Swapping International Hall for smth with a kitchen
I think it's the best if you don't want to cook (because its catered) and live right in the center of London
Anyone?
Original post by jason013
I have a room at GDSA, looking to swap for Moonraker ASAP.

PLEASE SWAP WITH ME!

I have an ensuite room at moonrakers and want to swap for GDSA.
If anyone is interested in swapping with me I have an ensuite room at Moonraker Point and want to swap.

Let me know asap!

Latest