The Student Room Group

How many people actually receive the "Liverpool Scholarship"

Hello, I am just wondering how many people actually receive the "Liverpool Scholarship" (Link below) because I am sure there will be thousands upon thousands of people eligible to receive it but no one knows until November. This year I achieved 420 UCAS Points and I tick all of the other boxes which make me eligible for this:

https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/scholarships/liverpool/

But what are the chances of me actually getting it? It seems very easy for such a big amount of money. The reason I am asking is because I like to have my finances sorted out as early as possible and this could help me out a lot.
Reply 1
Original post by dannyjames10
Hello, I am just wondering how many people actually receive the "Liverpool Scholarship" (Link below) because I am sure there will be thousands upon thousands of people eligible to receive it but no one knows until November. This year I achieved 420 UCAS Points and I tick all of the other boxes which make me eligible for this:

But what are the chances of me actually getting it? It seems very easy for such a big amount of money. The reason I am asking is because I like to have my finances sorted out as early as possible and this could help me out a lot.

"The highest UCAS tariff score" is presumably straight A* results, but if you have lower results, then it will depend how you compare to the rest of your cohort - which is impossible to predict. The uni should be happy to explain further if you drop them an email.
(edited 8 years ago)

Why would there be thousands of people eligible for it when it says it is only rewarded to the student or students with the highest UCAS tariff? There's no upper limit on UCAS points so I don't see why thousands of people would be eligible for it...
Original post by Plagioclase
Why would there be thousands of people eligible for it when it says it is only rewarded to the student or students with the highest UCAS tariff? There's no upper limit on UCAS points so I don't see why thousands of people would be eligible for it...

I thought the highest you could get is A*A*A*? (420 UCAS)
I thought the highest you could get is A*A*A*? (420 UCAS)

Unless I'm blind, it doesn't say that the UCAS points have to be taken from 3 A Levels. People might take more A2s, more AS Levels, an EPQ, high grade music exams etc. for extra UCAS points. People doing the International Baccalaureate can also get a lot more than 420 UCAS points. For instance, the average person at Cambridge has about 600 UCAS points.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending