The Student Room Group

Why do refugees specifically have to come to the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
They get more than 15,000 a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prove?
Original post by Bill_Gates
What? Not 22% or anywhere near. Before the era of globalisation. Even Birmingham (Another multicultural city mind you) played an enormous role in development of the UK, largely thanks to new migrants.

Figures and the Irish don't count as migrants back in those days so you are going to need post war figures for Birmingham.

As for London.... Figures again prove your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _icecream
Prove?

800,000/52 is more than 15k a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by The Owl of Minerva
Because they are oil extracting rentier monarchies whose states and rulers are moral vacuums. They can never be of any assistance to anybody but themselves.

P.S: Unless its helping Saudi Arabia fight illegal wars in the Yemen. Then they are on board.

11934998_927724713966857_8428981617736288280_n.jpg

do you watch a TV? did you see how many refugees do some trouble everywhere, did you notice that there are no women or kids, only men between 20-40 y.o. They arent refugees, they are solders or army!!!!
Reply 84
isis-and-immigration.png
Reply 85
Because Turkey alone has 1.7 million refugees already. It's only fair for the UK to take some in; the countries surrounding Syria have too many already.

Yes, the UK is more difficult for them to get to, and presents problems concerning the ease of getting them here/returning them, but the surrounding countries shouldn't have to deal with more than the number of refugees they have already just because they're closest.
Original post by Mrs X
isis-and-immigration.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-34176631

False story, he fought against ISIS and the others

"But if there are IS fighters posing as asylum seekers, this man is not one of them. In fact, for an asylum seeker, his identity is unusually well documented. His name is Laith Al Saleh, and last month he was the subject of a profile by the Associated Press news agency. He says that he was a Free Syrian Army commander, and that before the civil war he worked as a plasterer in his home city of Aleppo.

"About 70 percent of the city is destroyed ... In Syria, Al Qaeda want me, Daesh (Islamic State), the government - I fought them all. I don't care. Some people are afraid. I'm not," he told the news agency."
Reply 87
Original post by ShadowHawks000
Yeah and this will be the same scene across Europe very soon if they dont start controlling the numbers coming in.
This might very well be the end of Europe as we know it. At the very least the "generous" welfare system is gonna collapse all across the continent and then the real chaos will ensue!

Good news for all those waiting to get on the housing ladder.
Reply 88
Original post by paul514
They don't need to come here as soon as they pass one safe country they become an economic migrant and should be subject to the same rules for intake as any normal migrant.

The solution is simple don't let them in!

If we want to be generous and send aid (which we already do) then we can.

Even then I have a problem with it when budgets are being slashed here and the tax payer is just giving money away rather than to the poor/disabled here

Posted from TSR Mobile

We aren't donating money to this problem that otherwise would go to poor or disabled people in this country.

We are doing both.

I really dont know why so many people seem to have a problem understanding that.

If anyone thinks we should be doing more for our poor and disabled then thats great.

But it seems that the electorate cares more about other issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending