The Student Room Group

Manchester 2016 applicants medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SimSembi
i am indeed, finished A levels last summer

What have you been up to during your gap year? I'm on a gap year too at the minute

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by JulietR
What have you been up to during your gap year? I'm on a gap year too at the minute

Posted from TSR Mobile

i worked at the airport in baggage for the first half until June, went to Tanazania with Gap Medics which was amaaaaaaaaaazing and just volunteer work really. Planning on finding another job and travel europe next summer.

What about you?
Original post by JulietR
How is everyone getting on with filling out the non-academic form? Personally I'm finding it quite hard to fit what I want to say into the allowed number of characters and also making it different from my personal statement!

Have you received a confirmation email from them with the form?!

I haven't 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys has anyone got a confirmation email from Manchester?
Reply 44
Original post by HCAssistant93
Have you received a confirmation email from them with the form?!

I haven't 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't yet but the form is available online anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
I've only recieved an email from eForms to confirm that my Non-Academic form has been submitted
does anyone know when they start sending invites to interviews?
Reply 47
Original post by macarenafc92
does anyone know when they start sending invites to interviews?

not until they get the ukcat scores, so november probably
Just to confirm, no one has received a confirmation email from Manchester to say their UCAS form has been received?
Original post by yasaminO_o
Just to confirm, no one has received a confirmation email from Manchester to say their UCAS form has been received?

Nope I haven't :smile:

Original post by ChemBoss
Nope I haven't :smile:

Me neither
Original post by Docjones1
Me neither

same here
Reply 52
same here

I haven't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53

Yup I'm in the same boat; haven't received a confirmation email (or non-academic form) either.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 54
They're a tad slow at sending out these confirmation emails arent they? Cant recall if it was the same last year.

Also, if anyones put Pharmacy at Manchester as their 5th choice, i'd advise changing that to another uni since they reject med applicants for their Pharmacy course.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 55
Anyone applying to the A104 Medicine course at Manchester, please tell me your subjects/ AS grades/predictions and UCKAT score and anything else you'd like to add

Thanks a tonne
Original post by Arjun24
Anyone applying to the A104 Medicine course at Manchester, please tell me your subjects/ AS grades/predictions and UCKAT score and anything else you'd like to add

Thanks a tonne

Me!

I am applying with a high 2:1 in nursing.

A levels equivalent to A*A*A (as per Cambridge University) (biology, chemsitry and maths)
AS A*A*A
GCSE all A* and 2A

UKCAT 2610
Reply 57
Helloooo

Thanks for replying, I thought they didn't accept chemistry for the A104 course (I'm talking about the 6 year foundation programme for those who do subjects other than chem in sciences)
Me!

I am applying with a high 2:1 in nursing.

A levels equivalent to A*A*A (as per Cambridge University) (biology, chemsitry and maths)
AS A*A*A
GCSE all A* and 2A

UKCAT 2610
Original post by Arjun24
Helloooo

Thanks for replying, I thought they didn't accept chemistry for the A104 course (I'm talking about the 6 year foundation programme for those who do subjects other than chem in sciences)

Well, they consider spanish candidates only for the 6 year course. For my A levels i also did history, philosophy, spanish, english, basque and labs. So I think my case is a little bit special. So they consider us (EU students) differently I think. The ask us for chemistry, physics (I did it for AS), maths and bio
Original post by Docjones1
Me neither

Phewwwww! Also, what counts as a "caring role"? I've volunteered at a hospital for 20 weeks where I chatted to and helped feed patients, I've mentored year 6s and tutored them maths, I've run a biology society for year 7s and 8s for two years which incorporated a mentoring role, WHAT EXACTLY DO THEY MEAN BY "CARING ROLE"?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending