The Student Room Group

First Tinder Date

So got matched to this lady on tinder, she had a pretty face had same interests and we talked alot via chat. She seemed fine on chat and easy going so we decided to have a date which happened today.

Met up at Oxford street and first thing I noticed about her was she was bigger than me in build slightly taller than me. Made me feel very uncomfortable. I put that aside and decided to have a quick lunch at pret. She didn't talk much and seemed very shy face to face.

Since I wasn't getting anywhere with her after lunch I faked an emergency phone call from someone and made an excuse that I had to go somewhere urgently. I walked her to the station and said our goodbyes.

Has anyone had similar dates to this and what should I do. She seems like a nice person but I really don't know :frown:
Imao loads of people use the text tactic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by The_Blade
Imao loads of people use the text tactic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about the picture tactic :rolleyes:
Reply 3
My first tinder date was the same, i felt kinda lied to but I figured I'm here now and I was working away so wouldn't run into anyone I knew. Made my excuses after about an hour and banged her when I saw her next at her place.

She was super rich with the nicest apartment, would order us food and had tons of alcohol and paid for the lot so it was worth it when I had a spare night available.
Standard Tinder etiquette is to stop replying to her messages, unmatch her and never give an explanation thus making her feel really ****ty about herself for about a week until she forgets about you. You could rise above this and act like an adult by telling her you're not interested, but again, it's Tinder.
Reply 5
Original post by SmashConcept
Standard Tinder etiquette is to stop replying to her messages, unmatch her and never give an explanation thus making her feel really ****ty about herself for about a week until she forgets about you. You could rise above this and act like an adult by telling her you're not interested, but again, it's Tinder.

Got her number and she has mine, i think she is into me properly but don't know how to handle the situation. Maybe second date to see if she opens up?
Tinder can be used to actually set up real dates? There are actually genuinely cool people on Tinder? I'm astounded.
Original post by Anonymous
Got her number and she has mine, i think she is into me properly but don't know how to handle the situation. Maybe second date to see if she opens up?

Yes, obviously.
Original post by Anonymous

Well arrange a second date if you want to then. From the way you lied to get away from her I kind of assumed you didn't want to, but that's cool too.
Reply 9
Shes upset and told me that i was avoiding her and was nervous, wouldn't mind a second date
Hey Don't worry I had a similar experience :smile: the girl was nice but we just didn't click.. Though I'm not put off online dating for life, maybe going into the next meet without expectations and just see how it goes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending