The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

hey all :smile:
Why don't you look at joining Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps (QARANC), it sounds scary because its in the British Army but you don't need any qualifications to join, its on the job training and you get to travel the world whilst you do it. its a great job with great rewards and pay. put it this way you could buy two or three houses outright by the end of three years. AWESOME!!!!!
even if you still go to uni and then decide to join the army after you graduate then you don't have to do all the training when you get there, just the basic fitness training (which is a given).

I wish you all luck and hope you all succeed in your dreams :h:
xxxx
Reply 181
Original post by fairplaytoyou
I applied last year and got offers from 3/5 unis including Kings College London so if anyone has any questions about anything, feel free to quote me!

Hey! what kind of experience did you have and did they ask any questions related to yor experience?
Perhaps you have a secret how to stress less in the selection event and how to be yourself? Something original?
Did you have the feedbacks from the unis you were not accepted?(if they had invited for a selection event (or it was you who refused to attend the interview)?

Thanks in advance and congrats!
Original post by Gretus
Hey! what kind of experience did you have and did they ask any questions related to yor experience?
Perhaps you have a secret how to stress less in the selection event and how to be yourself? Something original?
Did you have the feedbacks from the unis you were not accepted?(if they had invited for a selection event (or it was you who refused to attend the interview)?

Thanks in advance and congrats!

I'll PM you, I think it's easier as I tend to ramble a lot when writing answers.
Original post by Lorna Birch
Why don't you look at joining Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps (QARANC), it sounds scary because its in the British Army but you don't need any qualifications to join, its on the job training and you get to travel the world whilst you do it. its a great job with great rewards and pay. put it this way you could buy two or three houses outright by the end of three years. AWESOME!!!!!
even if you still go to uni and then decide to join the army after you graduate then you don't have to do all the training when you get there, just the basic fitness training (which is a given).

xxxx

Hi,
I thought about this last year and it sounds really good especially for experience as it's the army and so on. Just wondering if you've had any experience in army nursing? Where in the world do you get to go?
I have applied for Adult Nursing at:

Lincoln
York
Nottingham
Huddersfield and
Hertfordshire

I've just received an interview request from Lincoln for November 4, anyone else get one too?
Hi everyone.
I have applied for adult nursing at-

University of west England,
Sheffield Hallam
Bournemouth
Leeds
Oxford Brookes

If anyone else has applied here have you heard back yet? Only sent my UCAS off the other day so hasn't been long. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back from Bangor? I did hear they were starting interviews in November this year but still haven't heard anything from them.
Original post by MNicoleB96
Hi everyone.
I have applied for adult nursing at-

University of west England,
Sheffield Hallam
Bournemouth
Leeds
Oxford Brookes

If anyone else has applied here have you heard back yet? Only sent my UCAS off the other day so hasn't been long. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I haven't applied for adult nursing but someone at my school has and they have an interview for UWE so hopefully they'll get back to you soon! :smile:
Okay thank you very much for your reply! I will keep my fingers crossed as that is my top choice! :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Original post by MelD88
Hey,
What do you mean you haven't heard anything in 3 years?

Mel

Hi sorry I just wanted to wish everyone luck, I've applied for the last three years I got a interview last year but messed it up I thought my answers were ok but the lady kept pushing me and I messed up. When I said I'd heard nothing I meant this year as I applied for January starts and the unis I applied at are interviewing the last two weeks of October so I know I haven't got a interview so I will have to apply next year. Anyway good luck everyone
Original post by JJW182015
Thank you for the reply yeah I seen that on some of the requirements like on MMU you need science but if you do health and social care lvl 3 they only need engl+maths. University of Manchester also don't mention science. I will email them before this week thanks for the advice and I know at first I thought about the male thing but ill just have to wait and see if they take me into consideration like you said.

It's cool, Good luck!
Original post by Misty66
Hi sorry I just wanted to wish everyone luck, I've applied for the last three years I got a interview last year but messed it up I thought my answers were ok but the lady kept pushing me and I messed up. When I said I'd heard nothing I meant this year as I applied for January starts and the unis I applied at are interviewing the last two weeks of October so I know I haven't got a interview so I will have to apply next year. Anyway good luck everyone

Why don't you try going through clearing, there might be plenty. Next time when you go for an interview, speak like you actually have genuine passion for the course and not just answer their question in simple sentences(My Advice).
I can't really talk because I'm a nervous-wreck when it comes to interview though.:shy2: Good luck to you too anyway. :colondollar:
Reply 192
Original post by KingK16
Why don't you try going through clearing, there might be plenty. Next time when you go for an interview, speak like you actually have genuine passion for the course and not just answer their question in simple sentences(My Advice).
I can't really talk because I'm a nervous-wreck when it comes to interview though.:shy2: Good luck to you too anyway. :colondollar:

Bless you, don't give up and keep your nerves under control, I know it's hard but you will get there. X
I applied for the March 2016 intake at UCLan the day UCAS opened. They told me that they'd start looking at applications in October and interviewing in November but I haven't heard anything from them yet, I'm tempted to email them to ask how far along my application is but I don't want to seem too keen and annoy them :frown:
Reply 194
Original post by KingK16

Thanks I'll see what clearings like but tbh I carnt financially keep doing this £500 a month job is crippling me and I have no support so I think I might have to put it on the back burner :/ for a few years. Thanks thou
Original post by Lorna Birch

xxxx

This sounds really good! Joining the army is something I've considered for after I graduate but I didn't know you could train on the job. I definitely think if I don't have any luck during this current UCAS cycle I'll look into it :smile:
Anybody had any news yet? I sent my application off on the 9th October and I've had acknowledgement from all five of my universities - it's only been just over a week and I'm getting edgy already!
Heyy.

Branch: mental health

Unis: dundee, Robert Gordon, sterling and LJM

Wanna meet other people who want to do mh nursing! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've decided on my Uni choices.

Branch: Child Nursing

Uni's- UWL, Surrey, Hertfordshire, Middlesex and Greenwich (Averly hills)

Experience/Course: BTEC Level 3 Extn Dip in Health and Social Care - DDM
- Done a plenty of block placements at nursery, day-care centre and care home. I don't have much experience but made sure
my PS shows some passion and enthusiasm for this course.

PS. Anyone applying for any of the Uni's, keep in touch :h:
Original post by KingK16
I've decided on my Uni choices.

Branch: Child Nursing

Uni's- UWL, Surrey, Hertfordshire, Middlesex and Greenwich (Averly hills)

Experience/Course: BTEC Level 3 Extn Dip in Health and Social Care - DDM
- Done a plenty of block placements at nursery, day-care centre and care home. I don't have much experience but made sure
my PS shows some passion and enthusiasm for this course.

PS. Anyone applying for any of the Uni's, keep in touch :h:

Yeah king! Heya! I'm applying for Greenwich too at avery hill because I also want to do child nursing and also Surrey! Aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending