The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Nursing application through clearing

Hi so I was wondering if anyone knew how long clearing applications for nursing take to get a response. I made a clearing application to the MNurs adult and child nursing course yesterday over the phone, got an email saying that it had been referred to the admissions team but I haven’t heard anything yet.
I am only asking as I have an offer for BSc nursing (adult) with Southampton but really would love the masters course. I’m just worried that because my first application I made (submitted in the normal application process) was for physiotherapy (which I got an offer for) that I’ll be less likely to be considered. I’m really hoping to get on this course as over the past months I’ve been regretting not applying to nursing and so when my offer was changed I was happy at the opportunity to get into nursing, the thing I had realised was way more for me and I was interested in way more aspects. I have an offer for physiotherapy at my insurance but Nursing I have found way more interest in so am really hoping that I stand a chance.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could shed some light on the situation as I don’t want to risk my current nursing offer but am really passionate about getting onto the masters for both adult and child.
EDIT : nevermind, admissions tutor just called me for an interview! I’ve been offered a place and I’m so excited to start in September 😁😁
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Feeb_05
Hi so I was wondering if anyone knew how long clearing applications for nursing take to get a response. I made a clearing application to the MNurs adult and child nursing course yesterday over the phone, got an email saying that it had been referred to the admissions team but I haven’t heard anything yet.
I am only asking as I have an offer for BSc nursing (adult) with Southampton but really would love the masters course. I’m just worried that because my first application I made (submitted in the normal application process) was for physiotherapy (which I got an offer for) that I’ll be less likely to be considered. I’m really hoping to get on this course as over the past months I’ve been regretting not applying to nursing and so when my offer was changed I was happy at the opportunity to get into nursing, the thing I had realised was way more for me and I was interested in way more aspects. I have an offer for physiotherapy at my insurance but Nursing I have found way more interest in so am really hoping that I stand a chance.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could shed some light on the situation as I don’t want to risk my current nursing offer but am really passionate about getting onto the masters for both adult and child.
EDIT : nevermind, admissions tutor just called me for an interview! I’ve been offered a place and I’m so excited to start in September 😁😁

Wow so happy for you!!!
Massive congratulations and have an awesome time at the Uni of Soton!

I went there a few years ago so just drop me a message if you have any questions about it at all :smile:

Huge well done :hugs: make sure to celebrate !!:wink2:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Wow so happy for you!!!
Massive congratulations and have an awesome time at the Uni of Soton!

I went there a few years ago so just drop me a message if you have any questions about it at all :smile:

Huge well done :hugs: make sure to celebrate !!:wink2:

Thank you so so much!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending