The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone going to Middlesex? I passed the tests and have my interview coming up. Really hope I get a place :biggrin:
If I'm commuting to a uni outside London, as in I'll be living in London and I will travel by car to get to uni, would I be legible to claim an expense claim from NHS Bursaries ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MartinaRodrigues
If I'm commuting to a uni outside London, as in I'll be living in London and I will travel by car to get to uni, would I be legible to claim an expense claim from NHS Bursaries ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure you only get expenses for travel to placement, and that is only the difference in distance between your home to uni, and uni to your placement
Hello how was the test i was thinking to apply as extra
Original post by ChancedTravels
Anyone going to Middlesex? I passed the tests and have my interview coming up. Really hope I get a place :biggrin:
If anyone is going to Robert Gordon, there is now a nursing Facebook group for all branches; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1007155589333701/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello all! I have interviews and assessments next week at ARU, UOE and City University London, and an interview at KCL in a fortnight. Currently cramming all the literacy and numeracy to be fully prepared, however if anyone has any help with types of questions asked during the interviews that would be most helpful.
Original post by coffeecrumpets
Hello all! I have interviews and assessments next week at ARU, UOE and City University London, and an interview at KCL in a fortnight. Currently cramming all the literacy and numeracy to be fully prepared, however if anyone has any help with types of questions asked during the interviews that would be most helpful.

Current city university nursing student :smile:

Literacy is made up of grammar, comprehension and a short essay question. Also, there are scenario based questions to answer depending on the branch of nursing you choose. The numeracy is made up of addition, subtraction, division, percentages, decimals ect and you can use a calculator.

The interviews also depend what kind of nursing you apply for - some are group and some are individual :smile:

Good luck, feel free to ask me any other questions :smile:
Glasgow Caledonian: BA (hons) Adult Nursing - unconditional
UWS Paisley: BSci Adult Nursing - awaiting decision.

Experience: Worked in Dementia/ care of the elderly ward; worked in the community as home carer for young man living with autism; Work in Acute General Medical ward, mainly gastro and respiratory.
How lenient do you think the unis will be with the grades on results day? Needing BBB for Liverpool University
Original post by Lydia02
How lenient do you think the unis will be with the grades on results day? Needing BBB for Liverpool University

hopefully they will be a little lenient, i need BCC to get into Coventry. People keep telling me that they have to fill places and because you have to have interviews etc and be the right sort of person to do the course they will be more lenient than other courses are.
Reply 3710
Anyone planning on going to uni of leeds?? I've got an offer of BBB but think I'll get ABC, anyone know if they would allow that or if they're strict at Leeds? or different unis in general?
Original post by Ao1811
Anyone planning on going to uni of leeds?? I've got an offer of BBB but think I'll get ABC, anyone know if they would allow that or if they're strict at Leeds? or different unis in general?

If you get ABC then you should be fine getting into that Uni as you have exceeded one grade so the lower grade cancels out if you get what i mean?
Interview all done and dusted, compared to previous testing sessions this felt like a breeze!
Hi Amey

I got an offer from new bucks for adult nursing. Are you going to study adult nursing or child nursing?.
hi,
please how can I gain access to numeracy and literacy site.
thanks
Has anyone heard back from sheffield hallam regarding the pgdip? I sent my RPL portfolio off and just wondered how long theyll take to mark? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heya did anyone go to the Surrey applicant day. Does anyone remember the time table ? For adult nursing. I just wanted to know on which two days we were in for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applied to Kings through Clearing? I am checking my emails every five seconds they said the selection day is the 27th ahhhhh
Anyone going to City University London?

I applied for child nursing there and have firmed it, they want 300 UCAS Points from me, I'll be travelling from home since I live in London.

Massage me if you are please I don't know anyone going there at all, bit worried about going to freshers week by myself.
Original post by chxma
Anyone going to City University London?

I applied for child nursing there and have firmed it, they want 300 UCAS Points from me, I'll be travelling from home since I live in London.

Massage me if you are please I don't know anyone going there at all, bit worried about going to freshers week by myself.

Hey, Im going City too but for Adult Nursing, don't worry probably all of us are nervous to be going freshers cuz I definitely am :colondollar:

Good luck for your results! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending