The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by natalia97
hey guys. I want to do child nursing at either Sheffield Halam, Huddersfield, Leeds or York. I only got an e-mail saying my application was processed and got sent to the unis. I'm so nervous.

Hello...
have you heard back from Huddersfield or York yet? I applied to them also! haven't heard yet :frown:
Original post by University of Bradford
Hi all, I've had a quick scan through this forum and can see a few of you have applied for, or thinking about, the University of Bradford. With this in mind, if any of you have any specific concerns or queries relating to our Nursing courses please get in touch - happy to help where possible :smile:

Hi there!

I've applied for Children's nursing at Bradford. I got an email confirmation which also asked me to go onto myhub. The Bradford website won't allow me to do so, who do I need to contact to get help with this? and if i do get an interview will i also get notice of this to my email/ucas aswell as myhub?

Many thanks :smile:
Original post by princess-fab
hiiiii!
how are you finding the access? i just started in september and am really enjoying being back in education.
i've applied to cardiff, brighton, oxford brooke's, swansea & uni of south wales - i'm pretty keen to move to wales. you? x

Finding it great started in September myself just hard work keeping up with the work load and aiming for all distinctions im hoping 😩
How are you finding it so far easy or hard?
Ive applied to Uni of Bham, Birmingham City Uni, Demontford, Nottingham and Bradford. So mainly in the midlands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aspiring_nurse
Finding it great started in September myself just hard work keeping up with the work load and aiming for all distinctions im hoping 😩
How are you finding it so far easy or hard?
Ive applied to Uni of Bham, Birmingham City Uni, Demontford, Nottingham and Bradford. So mainly in the midlands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i'm aiming for all distinctions too, i did well on my first health studies assignment not so well on my first psychology assignment. i think it can be difficult decoding the assignment briefs. i think the lessons are easy to understand, the assignments are harder. what about you?

i considered de montfort but decided that was too northern for me (hahah!)
Original post by princess-fab
yeah i'm aiming for all distinctions too, i did well on my first health studies assignment not so well on my first psychology assignment. i think it can be difficult decoding the assignment briefs. i think the lessons are easy to understand, the assignments are harder. what about you?

i considered de montfort but decided that was too northern for me (hahah!)

My 1st health one isnt in until december so havent started it yet. Ive submitted my 1st biology one but its ungraded and my human physiology one is due mid of this month about human reproductive biology which is graded.
What was yours about?
Oh haha demontford is far from nothern! When i think northern i think scottish lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a confirmation from UCAS saying they have received my application- Greenwich has sent me a welcome email- I have applied for (in order) all children's nursing

Kings college London
Greenwich (avery hill)
Worcester
Brighton
Surrey

I hope to hear something soon!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all. This is my second time applying for Child Nursing. I am applying for the 2017 intake Teesside and Northumbria. You have an interview on Thursday at Teesside. Feeling nervous. Wondering if anyone else has had an interview here yet? I'm feeling nervous about the maths test as I missed out by 1 mark. Hope the rest paper is the same as last years! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 587
Original post by dragonsonmars
Logged into Track, knowing nothing would happen, but I managed to get in somehow and have an interview for Plymouth!:biggrin:

Yay - well done! when is your interview? Mine is on the 19th! xx
Original post by fc93
That's great news! Congratulations and good luck! :smile: I managed to login too but no changes. I suppose it is the weekend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much, good luck with your application. Hopefully you hear something back soon!:h:

Original post by Gizmo.
Have you applied for February or September intake? Good luck! The interview is really relaxed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for September intake:smile:
Thank you! ah that's good to hear, I'm quite nervous really, can't believe it's in less than two weeks!:redface:
Good luck to you too:h:
Original post by YazminH
Yay - well done! when is your interview? Mine is on the 19th! xx

Thank you:h: Mines the 20th, although I might have to change it, I'm not too sure yet. On your interview invite what time does it say you have to get there? I was just wondering if I could change the time, I'm not too sure if I could do that though? x
Original post by dragonsonmars
Are you both applying as individuals through UCAS? I haven't received anything from Bournemouth apart from an acknowledgement. It's my first choice - I'm so nervous:redface:

Hiya,Yes I applied as an individual. May I ask when you applied through UCAS? I applied on the 6/10/2015 and was told beforehand that it will take them around 6-8 weeks to make a decision! I am so,so,so nervous!

Hope you hear from them soon! :smile:
Reply 591
Hi!

I'm actually currently in my first year at Aberdeen University studying Anthropology and International Relations - however, realising that this is not the right degree choice for me, am hoping (fingers crossed) to study nursing instead :smile:

I am thinking of applying to Edinburgh, Glasgow Caledonia, Dundee, Robert Gordon University and Stirling University. I have volunteering in the Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland charity shop for 4 years, have done work experience in a local primary school, and was a school helper during my last year in school for helping support children aged 5-8 with reading difficulties. I have also sent my CV to a local care home in hope for my work experience! I'm hoping to do Adult Nursing :smile:

I'm super nervous at the prospect of it all, and I probably don't know as much as all of you do, but heres to hoping we all do fine! Any tips are appreciated :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,

I've been accepted into mmu for March 2016 intake for adult nursing :smile: is there anyone else out there applying for mmu or accepted into mmu?

So excited to start :smile: xx
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hiya,Yes I applied as an individual. May I ask when you applied through UCAS? I applied on the 6/10/2015 and was told beforehand that it will take them around 6-8 weeks to make a decision! I am so,so,so nervous!

Hope you hear from them soon! :smile:

Ahh I see! I applied a week ago now so I'm not expecting to hear anything back just yet, but I was just curious as to when I could expect to hear something.

awhh bless you, so am I! Thank you, you too. Good luck!:h:
Original post by helpmeplease96
Hi,

I've been accepted into mmu for March 2016 intake for adult nursing :smile: is there anyone else out there applying for mmu or accepted into mmu?

So excited to start :smile: xx

I've got my interview for MMU tomorrow morning! How did yours go? Any tips? Ive applied for March intake but I'm considering deferring to September xx
Original post by hollypopz92
I've got my interview for MMU tomorrow morning! How did yours go? Any tips? Ive applied for March intake but I'm considering deferring to September xx

Hey :smile: good luck!!! You'll be fine :smile: just be yourself everyone there is really friendly and approachable and the interview process takes a few hours!

I heard back really quickly so keep me updated :smile: I was thinking about deferring as well! I might ring and ask them.

Good luck again!
Reply 596
Has anyone from the King's selection day last Wednesday heard anything back yet? I'm getting so nervous!
Original post by kjade95
Hi there!

I've applied for Children's nursing at Bradford. I got an email confirmation which also asked me to go onto myhub. The Bradford website won't allow me to do so, who do I need to contact to get help with this? and if i do get an interview will i also get notice of this to my email/ucas aswell as myhub?

Many thanks :smile:

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you're experiencing. Please PM me your full name, UB number and the title of the course you've applied for. With this information I can look into this matter for you and get back to you with a resolution.

Yes you'll be informed via email as well as online. Thank you.
Is anyone attending the Oxford Brookes interview in the morning for adult nursing? 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interested in one of our nursing courses for 2016? How about coming to our Open Day on Saturday 14 November? http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/open-days/november

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending