The Student Room Group

Can i start a new course in college if I fail A Levels?

Ok apologies, but say if I was to fail A levels, could I go to college afterward and start an IT course with an IT related job?? This is at the end of Year 12 or Year 13 just incase
Assuming you were to do a Level 3 course (equivalent to A-Level), if you got at least Cs in your GCSEs and met the course requirements, then I don't see why they wouldn't let you in. The course I'm doing now (Media) required me to get four Cs and above including English Language, but there are people on my course who didn't even have those grades and got in because of their interview.

I'd say it's a pretty safe backup plan :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by redeemedregina
Assuming you were to do a Level 3 course (equivalent to A-Level), if you got at least Cs in your GCSEs and met the course requirements, then I don't see why they wouldn't let you in. The course I'm doing now (Media) required me to get four Cs and above including English Language, but there are people on my course who didn't even have those grades and got in because of their interview.

I'd say it's a pretty safe backup plan :smile:
thanks!
Original post by Shirin1
Ok apologies, but say if I was to fail A levels, could I go to college afterward and start an IT course with an IT related job?? This is at the end of Year 12 or Year 13 just incase

Hi. It really depends on your sixth form's policy, e.g. in my sixth form after getting more than 1 U at A-levels, they just remove you from the course and will not consider you for any other courses that it offers. However it really depends on your college, usually in case of failure they let you to either retake the whole A-level year or continue with a vocational course such as Btec level 3 in IT which is what you will be looking for if you want a career in IT.

Quick Reply

Latest