The Student Room Group

study abroad advice - a year or a semester

im comsidering doing a year abroad during my degree (berlin is my top choice atm) however i cant decide between doing a year or a semester i would love to do a whole year i think it would be such an amazing experience however i am worried that coming back i would be a year behind everybody else and have to make friends again and stuff so now im leaning more towards just a semesterdoes any body have any experience/advice on this?
Firstly it is very good idea to spend one year outside your town
It gives some of change and hope
Concerning that you would forgt about your frinds ..you mistakend because you wont forget them .. you can communicate with them by social media
Reply 2
Original post by Abdel .Younis
Firstly it is very good idea to spend one year outside your town
It gives some of change and hope
Concerning that you would forgt about your frinds ..you mistakend because you wont forget them .. you can communicate with them by social media

i know i wouldnt forget them! its that when i returned i would be in second year while they would be in their final year - so i would be a year behind and have to make new friends once they graduated
im probably worrying about that too much thats why i was wondering about others experiences
I understood you but i mean that in this year you will benefit from the experience of travelling Knowing alot about other civilizations
then you wont lose any thing
I studied abroad for one semester this year. It went so fast that I would have loved to have spent a whole year but my course wouldn't let me. Your time really will fly by, and I think you probably would get more out of your experience if you did a full year.

However, I had an amazing experience for one semester and made a bunch of new friends abroad, and didn't have to take a year out of my uni course back home. If you're willing to put in the effort and throw yourself in headfirst, one semester can be worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending