The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Accommodation for one semester

Hi,
I am currently studying at the University of Manchester and today got the news that my application to do a semester abroad has been approved. Unfortunately, this brings up three issue of what I do for student housing in Manchester for the other semester. Ideally I don’t want to have to pay rent in the UK for a whole academic year when I won’t be there for half the year and I will also have to pay rent abroad. I was just wondering what other people in this situation ended up doing regarding student housing. TIA for any advice.
Original post by rosieatk
Hi,
I am currently studying at the University of Manchester and today got the news that my application to do a semester abroad has been approved. Unfortunately, this brings up three issue of what I do for student housing in Manchester for the other semester. Ideally I don’t want to have to pay rent in the UK for a whole academic year when I won’t be there for half the year and I will also have to pay rent abroad. I was just wondering what other people in this situation ended up doing regarding student housing. TIA for any advice.

Hey! I would recommend looking at student halls or shared accommodation for your last year. You will be easily able to afford that even on a tight budget, just watch your spending. Me personally I am going to do a music course at Manchester and will get a part time job which will help me pay for my accommodation as the loan I get won’t cover all 3 years worth of rent.
Don’t overthink it, it might be worth going to an open day Manchester uni and putting that across to them. They might be able to give you a bursery for your last year, as they are always keen on students staying at their unis for financial reasons mainly.

Good luck and have fun :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending