The Student Room Group

How much a month do you pay for your phone?

I've had my rubbish Samsung for over 2 years and have always payed £20 a month for unlimited every thing. Looking at new phones, seems if I want a new phone with similar data limits etc I'm looking at £45+ which seems extortionate! Or is that quite reasonable amount these days?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I've had my rubbish Samsung for over 2 years and have always payed £20 a month for unlimited every thing. Looking at new phones, seems if I want a new phone with similar data limits etc I'm looking at £45+ which seems extortionate! Or is that quite reasonable amount these days?

my little nokia 106 costs me nothing as the last top up i had was in november and i haven't had any credit since :h:
£17 for an iphone 5c :smile:
These days, that's perfectly normal.

I pay £65/month atm, and it looks like my new tariff on the 6S+ will be similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

25 a month but that's because my contracts finished so I have a sim only. Before that, it was 36 a month. Gonna upgrade when the new iPhone comes out
£25 per month.
£12.50

Is buying a phone outright not an option? I would stay on your current contract as £20 for unlimited everything is pretty sweet, if you move to a new contract you'll have to move to a capped plan or pay through the nose as you have already discovered. There are loads of awesome phones out there for £150-£300 right now that include last year's top of the line flagships, check out my Buyer's Guide for some ideas :h:
(edited 8 years ago)

I bought my phone sim free for 150 yo yo's more or less. so about 10 euro a month with max 5 euro a month top up so works out 15 yoyos a month with phone and gets cheaper the longer I hold onto it...so over the time period I hope to have it for..maybe £10 a month?

so yeh delighted with phone. particularly suits me and Im not a massive spender when it comes to using up my credit on payg
Just started paying £31.80/month on a new phone with O2, usually it's £36/month but thank goodness for student discounts :biggrin: Before I had a £18/month unlimited data sim-only contracted with 3, when I told them yesterday I was switching networks the dude on the phone said they could lower it to £8/month since I'd been with them forever :eek: Had to say nah tho
£34.50. Insurance included.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexschmalex
Just started paying £31.80/month on a new phone with O2, usually it's £36/month but thank goodness for student discounts :biggrin: Before I had a £18/month unlimited data sim-only contracted with 3, when I told them yesterday I was switching networks the dude on the phone said they could lower it to £8/month since I'd been with them forever :eek: Had to say nah tho

i just joined 3 and i got the £8/mnth its quite reasonable tbh if you buy your phone with cash, btw i have a lumia 625 quite outdated though
Original post by stressedfordays
i just joined 3 and i got the £8/mnth its quite reasonable tbh if you buy your phone with cash, btw i have a lumia 625 quite outdated though

I bought an unlocked Lumia 920 when it came out at the tail end of 2012 and have regretted it ever since 😩 I'd have preferred to buy the phone with cash and stay with 3 but it would mean saving up for another couple of months, which would have meant using the phone for another few months which I love myself too much to do :tongue:
£10 :smile: 700 mins, unlimted text, 4gb data - sim only, prefer to buy my phone(s)..cheapo Chinese i- well, iphones are made in China too lols
Original post by alexschmalex
I bought an unlocked Lumia 920 when it came out at the tail end of 2012 and have regretted it ever since 😩 I'd have preferred to buy the phone with cash and stay with 3 but it would mean saving up for another couple of months, which would have meant using the phone for another few months which I love myself too much to do :tongue:

lol its quite reasonable but no one wants an ugly phone in front of their mates, im soo embarassed with my phone rn and i have to change ASAP
Original post by stressedfordays
lol its quite reasonable but no one wants an ugly phone in front of their mates, im soo embarassed with my phone rn and i have to change ASAP

Your mates won't care what phone you're using, trust me.
I paid for my z3 by cash in a store... But every month £12 for the bills

Posted from TSR Mobile
£13 a month but I'm on a sim only deal. I get 4GB data, unlimited texts and 600 mins every month and I am with Three. I bought my S4 second hand for £100 a few months ago when my old phone broke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by StevePownall
£10 :smile: 700 mins, unlimted text, 4gb data - sim only, prefer to buy my phone(s)..cheapo Chinese i- well, iphones are made in China too lols

so where do you buy and how much are they in cash
£15

Hate my HTC, want to change it asap :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending