The Student Room Group

My dad came home wasted

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Octohedral
There's 'getting drunk', and there's 'an explosive binge drinking session, followed by drink driving, coming from a man who has previously been loudly opposed to excessive alcohol consumption'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not speaking from a position of moral authority (had a few good and bad experiences with alcohol myself), but it sounds like it's worth keeping an eye on the OP's father's psychological welfare. Getting drunk occasionally is fine, it's just the suddenness, the danger the father put himself in, and the fact it's apparently so out of character.

Tbh you've got to think though if you haven't drunk in a long time and you get a reason (even if it's something small that's annoyed you) to drink your 1. Not gonna remember your limit 2. Will probably get tipsy/slightly drunk and think **** it I haven't felt like this in years and therefore carry on 3. Not realise your drunk until it's too late 4. Be a light weight

So one binging session could be due to something tiny, as long as it doesn't become a habit then who cares. OP is freaking out over nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Original post by Anonymous
I guessed I touched a nerve and you're desperate to insult.

You didn't touch a nerve at all. I live a great life abroad as an expat, run my own business and couldn't be happier. You on the other hand, are creating anon threads on TSR whinging about the fact your dad went out for a drink one afternoon. Lord have mercy, what a satanist he is. How dare he!

He drank once (as you know but chose to ignore) and as i said things have been going well lately and who are you to assume to know why my father did something? I've always been grateful to my father. I did well in school and got into a good uni and we've celebrated that together just recently. I'm making the issue about my brothers, mum and myself. I've been saying "we" the whole time but as I said you chose to ignore that to make it easier to attack me personally. How does him putting food on the table automatically make him immune to everything? If he started hitting us would you say "Meh, he's putting food on the table it's alright, don't be ungrateful" I feel like insulting you here but I've wasted all insults in this brain dead s*itpool of a thread.

I'm passed giving a ****. You've already demonstrated you're an entitled and ungrateful narcissistic brat.
Original post by Mr JB
You didn't touch a nerve at all. I live a great life abroad as an expat, run my own business and couldn't be happier. You on the other hand, are creating anon threads on TSR whinging about the fact your dad went out for a drink one afternoon. Lord have mercy, what a satanist he is. How dare he!

I'm passed giving a ****. You've already demonstrated you're an entitled and ungrateful narcissistic brat.

alright go f*ck yourself
Reply 103
alright go f*ck yourself

Go **** a goat.
Original post by Mr JB
Go **** a goat.

Original post by Mr JB

Savage
Original post by Mr JB
Go **** a goat.

Now now, that's no way to talk about your mother.
Reply 106
A family man getting drunk at 48 and coming home to his wife and kids is pathetic, religion aside. Especially when he's thought us moderation in everything our whole life.

No it's not, adults are still allowed to be human beings and have fun you know! The drink driving is completely out of order and I would be furious about him risking other peoples lives, however thes rest is absolutely normal unless it becomes an actual problem where he is addicted to alcohol and can't control it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending