The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Mental Health Nursing Salford University March 2016 intake

Hi Guys,

I'm starting Salford in March 2016 doing Mental Health Nursing, just wondering if any one is doing the same? Was also trying to found out rough timetables of the year so to know what to expect but everything i find relates to the academic year starting Sept 2015....

Scroll to see replies

Hey Hun I also start in March. Have you had an email about the start date ect? Or applied for student finance?
Lauren x
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by LaurenJohnston91
Hey Hun I also start in March. Have you had an email about the start date ect? Or applied for student finance?
Lauren x

Hiya hun, no ive had nothing from them, no start date or anything. Have u? I have applied through student finance england for student finance but not for the nhs bursary yet, i understand we do this in next couple of months?... I have no clue lol. Bex x
I've not applied for anything yet I have no idea what I'm doing haha. No I had my confirmation on ucas that id got a place but then not heard anything glad its not just me I was getting worried I like being organised haha do you have Facebook or anything we can contact each other on? Glad to have someone on the same course ha x
Reply 4
I feel exactly the same as you, not heard anything since Ucas confirmation and i panic that i haven't done what i need to do, this uni thing just confuses me lol. yes i am on fb - if you search for Bex Marshall you should find me, black and white photo as my prof pic - let me know if you cant find me. Would be nice to be in touch with someone on the same course and on the same boat, i dont know any one there. xx
I think I've added you ha. I wanted to ask you about student finance I'm confused but want to get it out of the way. If ive not added you could you try adding me its Lauren Johnston. X
Reply 6
I think I've added you ha. I wanted to ask you about student finance I'm confused but want to get it out of the way. If ive not added you could you try adding me its Lauren Johnston. X

Ive not got any requests lol, ill try adding you, there seems to be a few Lauren Johntons - what area are you from?
yeh i find it confusing, im a "mature student" , so i feel like its extra hard lol. x
I'm from Bolton and my profile pic is a photo of me and my partner ive got a blue dress white blazer ha x
Hi :smile: im starting in March too! I don't think we'll here anything til the new year. But our official start date is 28th March the week before is freshers if you're interested :smile:

looking forward to meeting my fellow students nurses 😁.
Pip. Xo
Ooo how do you know all this? Haha. Have you applied for your bursary etc? X
My work friend who is also on the same intake and course rang up :smile: and they gave her the dates :smile:. I think the bursary website says you can only apply at the earliest 3 months before your start date :smile:. I'll check again at the end of dec/ beginning of jan :smile:

Pip xo
aww ur a star thankyou :smile: ive sent off for my student finance and signed up for BOSS so im ready when they let me haha x
aww ur a star thankyou :smile: ive sent off for my student finance and signed up for BOSS so im ready when they let me haha x

Nice one 😁 March will come round so quick!! 5 months to go! Xo
28th march iseaster monday so surely we woukdnt start then? x
Original post by applepipxo
Hi :smile: im starting in March too! I don't think we'll here anything til the new year. But our official start date is 28th March the week before is freshers if you're interested :smile:

looking forward to meeting my fellow students nurses 😁.
Pip. Xo

Ahhh always nice to hear from other people goin in march. What is freshers? I have no clue lol
28th march iseaster monday so surely we woukdnt start then? x

That's just what she told me they told her.... Maybe they meant that's the week beginning that we start and we start on the tuesday or something ?

Pip xo
Original post by bex_marshall
Ahhh always nice to hear from other people goin in march. What is freshers? I have no clue lol

Haha hi :smile:. Freshers is what we starting uni. Freshers week is a week put on for everyone starting uni and they put on different events and stuff to kinda ease everyone into uni and to meet people so it doesn't seem so alien :smile: xx
i emailed uni today thwyve aais the start date is the 21st x
Original post by applepipxo
Haha hi :smile:. Freshers is what we starting uni. Freshers week is a week put on for everyone starting uni and they put on different events and stuff to kinda ease everyone into uni and to meet people so it doesn't seem so alien :smile: xx

Cool nice one xx
Last year they started on the 22nd; start date is technically 21st but that is the freshers week.
I'm going off a timetable I've seen for the Adult nursing course, they should run parallel.
When they said start 28th they'll mean w/c, not actual day. :smile:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one still waiting to hear follow up details!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending