The Student Room Group

Having to spend next year doing just 1 module, will i get student finance though?

Hello I was wondering if anyone can give me definite confirmation about this scenario im now currently in-

I spent 2 years doing a fulltime HND at a local college (as a mature student),
and so got full student finance for both those 2years. (Tuition + Loan + Grant)
I also got full council tax exemption for these 2 years.

I then started a fulltime Bsc degree in financial economics at a London university in October 2014.

I was told that my finance would work like this-
Year 1: Loan (£8,000), but no tuition fee loan for the 1st year of this 2nd degree.
Year 2 & 3: Loan, Grant (£9,000) + Full tuition fees covered.
And would get full council tax exemption for all 3years as I would be a fulltime student again.

However during this past academic year I failed 1 module out of the 4 in the course.
I got an email from the uni today saying that my setup for next year with them will be that for the entire year I will only have to do that 1 module (4hours per week / 30 credits per year).
But as long as I pass it, I will then start on year 2 of the degree the following year.

They have said that for this coming year whilst im only doing that 1 module my student status for student finance will appear as ''Part-time on a Full-time course’'.

But does anyone know for definate if I will still get full maintenance loan/grant money for this coming year with that student status??

Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending