The Student Room Group

6 days to go. Is it still possible to transfer for third year?

Owing to recent circumstances, I do not at all wish to take my third year at my enrolled university. However, in 6 days time I have to select my studio, and I've also heard that you may not transfer for your third, unless the circumstances are reasonable.

Basically, my reason for wanting to transfer is because over the weekend I have lost all faith in the management capabilities of my University. I had resubmitted an essay over the summer for a failed essay during the first semester, and only on Friday was I informed that I had failed the resubmission, and in turn on Monday (yesterday) I was very plainly told on their end, the essay shows as a blank page. Considering I submitted this almost 2 months ago, I would of imagined this was something they would of wanted to of told me earlier, however I am an eternal optimist.

Would this circumstance be something the Uni would be willing to accept? Also who should I complain to about this serious problem of lack of consideration?
Reply 1
Original post by Dean3000
Owing to recent circumstances, I do not at all wish to take my third year at my enrolled university. However, in 6 days time I have to select my studio, and I've also heard that you may not transfer for your third, unless the circumstances are reasonable.

Basically, my reason for wanting to transfer is because over the weekend I have lost all faith in the management capabilities of my University. I had resubmitted an essay over the summer for a failed essay during the first semester, and only on Friday was I informed that I had failed the resubmission, and in turn on Monday (yesterday) I was very plainly told on their end, the essay shows as a blank page. Considering I submitted this almost 2 months ago, I would of imagined this was something they would of wanted to of told me earlier, however I am an eternal optimist.

Would this circumstance be something the Uni would be willing to accept? Also who should I complain to about this serious problem of lack of consideration?

Most unis won't accept a transfer into third year, and you're going to struggle to find anywhere that will in 6 days. The uni is going to need a while to consider your application, so even if you were incredibly lucky and found somewhere that does accept such transfers you're probably still not going to find out in time. You need to find a uni that does accept transfers, and where your studied modules match the ones you woulcd have studied there - it's not going to happen.
I don't know much about transfer, but if you want to move I'd call the universities or talk to them face to face given you have 6 days, as for the failed resubmission you could put a complaint in. In the grand scheme of things it's only another year, so don't be too disheartened if you are stuck where you are :smile: good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending