The Student Room Group

Opinions wanted.

I'm currently doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Physics at Sixth Form having started 2 weeks ago.
At the moment, I'm thoroughly enjoying all my subjects but Physics, which I'm finding intriguing with one teacher, who I'm doing specific charge and AS Physics basics with, and finding it very mundane and boring with another (I have two), who I'm doing electricity with.

I'm in a bit of a predicament, should I persist with Physics and hope it gets more interesting as we go on and hope I can cope with it alongside my other subjects or should I switch to Psychology, History or Economics? - One of the three.

I found Physics the least interesting at GCSE but I've heard apart from Electricity AS is rather interesting, is this true?

I'm an aspiring Doctor and if it means anything, I received A*'s in the three Sciences, Maths and History at GCSE, so in terms of how I find them difficulty wise there isn't much in them.

I'd be planning to drop Physics at the end of AS either way, so I'm wanting to 'bag' an A in it or whichever other subject I do instead of Physics.

I also have the option of persisting with Physics, getting an AS in it, dropping it and then taking another AS in Y13. Would this be too much alongside my three A-Levels I'd be taking through and an EPQ?
Anyhow, I'd like to hear any opinions on my situation surrounding Physics or a possible other subject.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Yeh electricity is pretty repetitive, but once u move past it definitely improves :smile: I found the quantum physics portion of my AS course to be much more interesting, very different to the kind of stuff I had done before

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest