The Student Room Group

Academic Foundation Programme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Wales is the only other I know of. There might be a few others too.
Hi, I know this was the thread from last year but I would appreciate some advice. I have applied to the Birmingham AFP and have no clue what to expect with the interview process. I was wondering if anyone who went through it could give some advice on what to expect. Thanks in advance.
Reply 142
Hi deedeeduke, have Birmingham AFP interviews been sent out?
Original post by wk1317
Hi deedeeduke, have Birmingham AFP interviews been sent out?

No they haven't. Just wanted to be prepared if I got an interview :smile:
Do you know anything about the interview process?
Reply 144
I am aware that they have two 10 minute interview slots, one is clinical (given a clinical scenario and asked to manage it) and one is academic (general questions about AFP/reasons for doing it etc). It is similar to an MMI format, but with two interviews, I hope we will get more info once the offers are sent out.
Anyone got a list of questions that might be asked?
Hello!

Just a quick question. With regards to submitting evidence of abstracts and conferences etc etc, does it count if you had an abstract accepted but didn't present it? (There wasn't any funding for me to attend so had to miss it, but I have a certificate saying that it was accepted and all). Does it still count for points? (thinking of applying for the London AFP's) Thanks! :smile:
Reply 147
Original post by Anonymous
Hello!

Just a quick question. With regards to submitting evidence of abstracts and conferences etc etc, does it count if you had an abstract accepted but didn't present it? (There wasn't any funding for me to attend so had to miss it, but I have a certificate saying that it was accepted and all). Does it still count for points? (thinking of applying for the London AFP's) Thanks! :smile:

Was it actually presented by anybody? If so, you can put it down and there's a check-box on the form to select whether if was "presented by you" or "not presented by you", and obviously you can tick the latter. If it was accepted but you didn't actually attend (i.e. you withdrew), I don't think you can put it down. This is something that occasionally sparks up debate (on here and elsewhere) and although having the abstract peer-reviewed and accepted is almost the whole battle, actually creating the poster/presentation and then presenting it is a large part of the achievement. I would feel very awkward if they asked me at interview "so, tell me about the poster you presented at X conference..." if I hadn't actually 1) gone to the conference and/or 2) the poster wasn't even presented at the conference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending