The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath applicants for 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SSD07
Did you really??? I have also applied for computer science there, when did you send off your application??

Yep! I sent it in on the 11th of October :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 181
Oh literally the same time as me then. What are your predicted grades/what subjects do you do?
Original post by SSD07
Oh literally the same time as me then. What are your predicted grades/what subjects do you do?

I'm doing Maths, Further Maths & Physics with A* predictions in all 3, as well as an EPQ :redface: how about you?
MChem offer, AAA
Original post by Loyota
MChem offer, AAA

Congratulations! :hat2:
Biochemistry offer - AAA! It was AAB last year - why have the requirements gone up? Still so so so happy with my offer!
Original post by PirateEmily
Hi fellow biochemist! I started studying Biochem at Bath this September so if you have any questions about the course or uni or whatever let me know :smile:

Hey! do you enjoy the course at Bath? I'm really interested in studying there and just want to know what you personally think. Also what's the campus accommodation like? On the post-offer open day last year I only got to visit the department and the lake etc. (I had an offer last year but stuff happened, however I got another one this year thankfully).
Original post by SeanFM
Congratulations! :hat2:

Thanks
Original post by mechanism
Hey! do you enjoy the course at Bath? I'm really interested in studying there and just want to know what you personally think. Also what's the campus accommodation like? On the post-offer open day last year I only got to visit the department and the lake etc. (I had an offer last year but stuff happened, however I got another one this year thankfully).

Hiya! Yeah, I enjoy the course enough.. It's not fantastically interesting right now because it's mostly A-level recap but it should get better soon. I won't lie though, some lectures can be pretty dull but I gather that most courses have lectures like that so it's no biggie :P I can't speak much for campus accommodation as I've only really seen Norwood (because I live there) and I really like it. The noise can be a bit of a pain but I haven't really found it to be a huge issue. I suppose that I am on the top floor though...But for the room size it really is worth it (apparently our rooms are around the same size and solsbury) I would recommend applying for campus accommodation because there's no better feeling than knowing that you can roll out of bed 5 minutes before a lecture and still make it on time. I don't know if any of that really answered your questions but I hope it helped :smile:
Original post by Sunshine98
Oh hi, that's cool! May I ask what A levels you did and your grades? What else did you do apart from that like any extracurricular activities that you mentioned in your personal statement? Is there anything specific I should add in mines apart from the necessary interest in Biochem along with studies and related interests? Thanks in advance

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I did Biology, Chemistry and Spanish and then AS English Literature and got 4A's at AS and 3 A's at A2. Umm, I mentioned some voluntary work I did in charity shops which were related to diseases that had meaning to me i.e. British Heart Foundation etc. I also mentioned had been a peer tutor and prefect and also relevant work experience that I had undertook. There's no special thing that you need to add to your personal statement-I think mine was pretty standard stuff so you should be fine. As long as you make it clear that you have an interest in the course and show an awareness of what you're getting yourself into you should be ok :smile:
I would recommend applying for campus accommodation because there's no better feeling than knowing that you can roll out of bed 5 minutes before a lecture and still make it on time.

This.

Enjoy it while you can! :wink:
Hiya! Yeah, I enjoy the course enough.. It's not fantastically interesting right now because it's mostly A-level recap but it should get better soon. I won't lie though, some lectures can be pretty dull but I gather that most courses have lectures like that so it's no biggie :P I can't speak much for campus accommodation as I've only really seen Norwood (because I live there) and I really like it. The noise can be a bit of a pain but I haven't really found it to be a huge issue. I suppose that I am on the top floor though...But for the room size it really is worth it (apparently our rooms are around the same size and solsbury) I would recommend applying for campus accommodation because there's no better feeling than knowing that you can roll out of bed 5 minutes before a lecture and still make it on time. I don't know if any of that really answered your questions but I hope it helped :smile:

Ah thank you! How much lab time do you get? The labs looked a-mazing when I visited last time. And do you have any small group tutorial things or seminar thingys?
I applied for MechEng on the 14th I was wondering how long roughly that department takes /:
Original post by mechanism
Ah thank you! How much lab time do you get? The labs looked a-mazing when I visited last time. And do you have any small group tutorial things or seminar thingys?

Hmm lab time depends on the week as the timetable changes a little week to week. Generally, I've been getting around 3 hours in the lab most weeks but again, it depends on the week. Yeah I have a tutorial group every two weeks where mysef and three other students meet up with a member of staff from our department (i.e. our tutor) and so far we've just been set various homework assignments and then gone through them in the group. Another thing I should mention about this course is that we are given almost no homework.
Original post by Jakerz
congrats! just wondering as im applying for the same course- when did you send your ucas off?

14th
Hmm lab time depends on the week as the timetable changes a little week to week. Generally, I've been getting around 3 hours in the lab most weeks but again, it depends on the week. Yeah I have a tutorial group every two weeks where mysef and three other students meet up with a member of staff from our department (i.e. our tutor) and so far we've just been set various homework assignments and then gone through them in the group. Another thing I should mention about this course is that we are given almost no homework.

Really? None? Is that a good thing? I'd want some kind of direction. I know it's mostly independent study but you have to be given stuff, right... What about reading, do you get a lot?
Just got my offer for MComp Computer Science of AAA or A*AB!
Reply 197
Original post by Hareve
Just got my offer for MComp Computer Science of AAA or A*AB!

what are your predicted grades/what subjects do you do???
Original post by SSD07
what are your predicted grades/what subjects do you do???

My subjects are Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, have already acheieved an A in A2 Maths and predicted A*A*A for Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, I also sent my application off on the 1st
Reply 199
Original post by Hareve
My subjects are Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, have already acheieved an A in A2 Maths and predicted A*A*A for Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, I also sent my application off on the 1st

ahhh okay cool, where else are you applying?

Quick Reply

Latest