The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath applicants for 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elizabetht96
I applied in December and i'm still waiting.. I applied for Business Management. Most of my friends have all of their offers and i'm still waiting :eek:

Hi there!

I'm a first year Computer Science student here at Bath, so I can remember the wait very well.

If you have applied for a competitive course (such as the Business Management course) then it is likely that the university will receive a high volume of applications for the course. Processing all these applications takes time, and the university may make offers to applicants in batches in order to invite equal numbers of applicants to each department open day.

It is difficult for universities to anticipate how many applications they will receive for each course, and the number received at the start of the cycle is not always a reliable indication of how many they will receive later on. Therefore, in order to ensure equal consideration of all applications, universities will sometimes wait until after the 15 January UCAS deadline to make decisions on applications for more competitive courses.

I cannot comment on the likelihood of an offer, but what I can say is that applications are treated holistically.

Hope this helps!

Chris
(edited 8 years ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by amanda.ng
just got an offer from bath. applied with my actual IB results, however got a conditional offer from bath.. is this normal? i was expecting to get an unconditional offer.

Hi there!

I'm a first year Computer Science student at Bath.
The only thing I can think of if you've already met the IB requirements, is that the University may require proof of grades.

Having said that, if this is still a cause of confusion, I would recommend you contacting the admissions team

Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 (0)1225 38 3019

Hope this helps!

Chris
Original post by monicadey
Hi, I applied for psychology with a placement year which I think is the more competitive one? Does anyone have any information about how long they take to get back? I applied early October and still haven't got a offer. In the mean time im holding offers from Cambridge and Durham so really I just want all my offers so I can accept my cambridge offer already 😩😩

Hi there!

I'm a first year Computer Science student here at Bath, so I can remember the wait very well.

If you have applied for a competitive course (such as the Psychology with placement course) then it is likely that the university will receive a high volume of applications for the course. Processing all these applications takes time, and the university may make offers to applicants in batches in order to invite equal numbers of applicants to each department open day.

It is difficult for universities to anticipate how many applications they will receive for each course, and the number received at the start of the cycle is not always a reliable indication of how many they will receive later on. Therefore, in order to ensure equal consideration of all applications, universities will sometimes wait until after the 15 January UCAS deadline to make decisions on applications for more competitive courses.

The typical offer for this course is A*AA, so admissions tutors are looking for grades as close to that as possible, however exceptions may be made in some cases due to other parts of the application, or due to extenuating circumstances. I cannot comment on the likelihood of an offer, but what I can say is that applications are treated holistically.

Hope this helps!

Chris
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi there!

If you have applied for a competitive course (such as the Psychology with placement course) then it is likely that the university will receive a high volume of applications for the course. Processing all these applications takes time, and the university may make offers to applicants in batches in order to invite equal numbers of applicants to each department open day.

The typical offer for this course is A*AA, so admissions tutors are looking for grades as close to that as possible, however exceptions may be made in some cases due to other parts of the application, or due to extenuating circumstances. I cannot comment on the likelihood of an offer, but what I can say is that applications are treated holistically.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Hi, thanks for the response and ive been targeted A*A*A* and got 4 As at AS as-level and also applied in the second week of October and it's been a month since deadline so I was just confused but yeah what you're saying makes sense!

Original post by craafcik
I applied forthat course too, sandwich option and got my offer in less than a week so you shouldn't be worried, good luck!

If you dont mind me asking what were your predicted grades and in what subjects? Cause my tutors told me that I have a severe disadvantage for Bath by not taking Further Maths.
Original post by LordKeynes
If you dont mind me asking what were your predicted grades and in what subjects? Cause my tutors told me that I have a severe disadvantage for Bath by not taking Further Maths.

Sorry, I'm international applicant with Polish Matura predicted precentage so no A levels from me
Hello! Im a greek applicant and ive applied for Maths and Economics. I sent off my application in december and although most of my classmates have received an answear, I havent heard anything from them. Does this mean i have low chance of getting accepted?
Just firmed Bath :biggrin:
international applicant with a physics offer, feel free to ask me anything :smile:
Original post by DylanJ42
Just firmed Bath :biggrin:

Congratulations!

I'm a first year Computer Science student at Bath, so if you have any questions about what life is like at Bath, then feel free to quote me!

Chris
Original post by monicadey
Hi, thanks for the response and ive been targeted A*A*A* and got 4 As at AS as-level and also applied in the second week of October and it's been a month since deadline so I was just confused but yeah what you're saying makes sense!

Hi there! That's okay, I appreciate the wait can be a frustration. If it's any consolation, I had the same predictions and AS grades, as well as applying early, yet I still had to wait! The length of the wait generally doesn't correlate to the quality of the application!

Good luck!

Chris
Reply 511
Has anyone that's applied for the Psychology with Placement course with an EPQ had an offer yet? Because if not, may that play a part in the long waiting period - are they waiting for EPQ results so they can be used as a decider possibly? :smile:
Original post by CLJD
Has anyone that's applied for the Psychology with Placement course with an EPQ had an offer yet? Because if not, may that play a part in the long waiting period - are they waiting for EPQ results so they can be used as a decider possibly? :smile:

Hi ive applied for the same course WITHOUT a EPQ but they still haven't got back to me and I applied in October but like Chris (mentioned above) competitive courses have long wait times I guess! So I don't think EPQ will be a huge thing if no one who has applied for the course has got a offer yet

I'm not sure how disadvantaged you would be, but if worst comes to worst and you don't get in, perhaps it would be worth taking up AS or AS + A2 Further Maths in a gap year with a focus on the statistics modules? But good luck with your application :h:
Original post by CLJD

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for a response, I had some school friends still waiting for offers for psychology this time last year! Hopefully you will hear something soon. I know that results for my EPQ came through with my A-Level grades, so there may be many results days for the project.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

Hayden
Original post by BeatrizEstrada
international applicant with a physics offer, feel free to ask me anything :smile:

Congratulations on getting an offer! Let us know if there is any way we can help!

Hayden
Original post by SeanFM
I'm not sure how disadvantaged you would be, but if worst comes to worst and you don't get in, perhaps it would be worth taking up AS or AS + A2 Further Maths in a gap year with a focus on the statistics modules? But good luck with your application :h:

Thanks :smile: But like a day after that post I finally got an offer
Thanks :smile: But like a day after that post I finally got an offer

Congrats! :woo: :party:
Original post by SeanFM
Congrats! :woo: :party:

:smile: :smile: :smile: Thanks
Reply 519
Hi does anyone know how I can unsubscribe from the Physics webinar taking part tomorrow? Thankyou in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest