The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

University Physics with Modern Physics 13th ed

Hi, I'm looking to buy the physics book titled above and was wondering if this fits the bill:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/University-Physics-Modern-Technology-Update/dp/0321911008/ref=sr_1_2_twi_pap_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1442667844&sr=1-2&keywords=university+physics+with+modern+physics+13th+edition

It has a different ISBN to the one specified on Imperial's website so I'm wondering if there are any drastic differences between the two.

Also, before I buy, is it worth the purchase? I've read some reviews which suggest it's less geared towards mathematics, which is a bit of a disadvantage since I'm doing the theoretical course. Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by HowDoIScience
Hi, I'm looking to buy the physics book titled above and was wondering if this fits the bill:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/University-Physics-Modern-Technology-Update/dp/0321911008/ref=sr_1_2_twi_pap_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1442667844&sr=1-2&keywords=university+physics+with+modern+physics+13th+edition

It has a different ISBN to the one specified on Imperial's website so I'm wondering if there are any drastic differences between the two.

Also, before I buy, is it worth the purchase? I've read some reviews which suggest it's less geared towards mathematics, which is a bit of a disadvantage since I'm doing the theoretical course. Thanks in advance.

Why don't you read it online first, see if you like it, then buy it if you want a physical copy?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I've read the text from start to finish. It's a good first introduction to the various different fields in physics. However it is not very rigorous and should definitely be supplemented with more focused and in-depth texts.
Right, I think I'll pass then. I also hadn't noticed that it was only a small part of the whole book despite it being in the title! I think it was because amazon listed it under the "used" category for the full book. Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending