The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Economics, finance and data science at Imperial

Hi guys. Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is for Economics finance and data science at Imperial college London. I saw one guy on Reddit saying that during the interview for 2023 entry he was told that there are approximately 3000 applications for less than 75 spaces. This doesn't seem far fetched considering it is a new course and that they have rejected every FOI request regarding the topic. I also remember attending the open day event for the course where they refused to reveal the acceptance rate despite multiple people requesting them to do so.

Scroll to see replies

It's a new course so there is no data yet as far as I'm aware.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by James4554
Hi guys. Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is for Economics finance and data science at Imperial college London. I saw one guy on Reddit saying that during the interview for 2023 entry he was told that there are approximately 3000 applications for less than 75 spaces. This doesn't seem far fetched considering it is a new course and that they have rejected every FOI request regarding the topic. I also remember attending the open day event for the course where they refused to reveal the acceptance rate despite multiple people requesting them to do so.

Hi, I am one of the current students.
Applications - 3000+
Interview - around 400
Number of offers - IDK (probably around 100)
Acceptance - less than 75
Few couldnt meet conditions due to math. Few choose Oxbridge and LSE. I had offers from LSE and UCL.
Original post by Anonymous
Applications - 3000+
Interview - around 400
Few couldnt meet conditions due to math. Few choose Oxbridge and LSE. I had offers from LSE and UCL.

Congrats! Really impressive. How are you finding it so far?
Original post by Anonymous #2

It's horrible please don't apply
Original post by Anonymous #3
It's horrible please don't apply

what makes it horrible?
Original post by Anonymous #2

I would say overall wonderful. However, effort is needed.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I would say overall wonderful. However, effort is needed.

Can you elaborate please :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #1
Applications - 3000+
Interview - around 400

Hey! I have my interview in a few days (on the 19th). could you please shed some light on what types of questions are asked?
When did you apply? What subjects and the predictions?
Original post by Anonymous #4
When did you apply? What subjects and the predictions?

Hi - do you know if they will still give out interviews?
Reply 11
Original post by yk_06
Hey! I have my interview in a few days (on the 19th). could you please shed some light on what types of questions are asked?

Hello, please could you let me know when you applied and when you received the interview invitation
Reply 12
Original post by yk_06
Hi I have an interview aswell in a weeks time, could you tell me the questions they asked and difficulty of it ?. Thank you
Original post by FizzleA7
Hi I have an interview aswell in a weeks time, could you tell me the questions they asked and difficulty of it ?. Thank you
Some calculus and maths, PS questions
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous #6
Some calculus and maths, PS questions
What type of PS questions?
What type of PS questions?
I really can't be sharing too much but obviously, stuff relating to the course
When’s your interview ?
Reply 17
2nd week of march
2nd week of march
I have mine on the 1st week
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous #7
I have mine on the 1st week
Ohhh good luck, I’m more nervous about the maths quiz than the interview because I got a ton of y2 maths to catch up on 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending