The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

What are the chances I get the offer from Imperial for Computing?

Hi everyone,

I sent my application off on 27/09/2023. I completed the admissions test on 12/10/2023, which was extremely easy. I got the interview invite on 10/11/2023 and completed the interview on 29/11/2023. I think the interview went quite well other than one slightly shaky question. The interview ran over by 10 minutes. These are the things I've mentioned in my application or received:

GCSEs: 9999999988 (the two 8s are in English Lit and RS).

A levels (predicted): 5 A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Computer Science and EPQ (Topic: Can we trust artificial intelligence and machine learning systems?)

Supercurricular stuff:

I started the school's Computer Science society where we hold debates and fun programming challenges from the Leetcode and Project Euler websites.

I have completed two bouts of work experience for the Fujitsu cybersecurity firm (virtual on the Springpod website) and a software development firm.

Avid member of Maths society and completed a 10 week problem solving course organised by the AMSP.

I represented my school in a competition organised by Leeds university between schools.

I was selected by my school to attend the Royal Institution Masterclasses organised by Leeds university.

Attended the Imperial Future Computing Taster Course.

Two merit certificates in the UKMT Senior Kangaroo (comes from getting two gold certificates in the Senior Maths Challenges and then performing well in the follow-up rounds).

Completed an industry-standard project for one of my work experience companies for an end-client.

I entered three essay competitions and one of my entries were shortlisted, which meant that I got free entry to a conference about the integration of AI in business.

I attended two conferences organised by Starling Bank and Google Cloud, which talked about the adoption and risks of AI.

I completed several MOOCs (data analysis using pandas, CS50x Introduction to Computer Science, Game development course in Java and PyGame, a course in C) and I consolidated my knowledge through my own personal projects like a two player space game and an infinite Mario runner.

Extra-curricular activities:

School House Captain

I play chess at the national level and have won various national and county events. I was the Junior County Champion in 2020 for Yorkshire.

I have completed 60 hours of volunteering and have attained my v60 certificate from Vinspired.

I have two part times jobs (private tutor and a contract tutor for Explore Learning).

I represent my school in badminton, football and cricket.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous683
Very high

I hope so.... I got rejected from Cambridge after a poor TMUA. I didn't leave myself enough time to fill in my answer sheet having completed 20 questions on the question paper for paper 1 due to a confusion with timings (I saw an end timing from another admissions test that was taking place in the same room. There were about 6 or 7 admissions tests taking place in the same room at the time).
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Did you do ur test in East London

No, I live in Leeds and my admissions test took place at my school (no one from other schools came to my school to do the test).
Reply 3
Very high

I got the offer!!
Original post by Anonymous #1
I got the offer!!

Congratulations! When you get the offer?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2
Congratulations! When you get the offer?

18th December.
I got the offer!!

congrats! do you need to do STEP?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #3
congrats! do you need to do STEP?

Yes I do....Grade 2 in STEP II. I got their standard offer for applicants applying with 4 A levels. A*AAA and Grade 2 in STEP II.

Did you apply for CS as well?
Yes I do....Grade 2 in STEP II. I got their standard offer for applicants applying with 4 A levels. A*AAA and Grade 2 in STEP II.

Did you apply for CS as well?

I'm currently in Year 12, but I am looking to apply for CS/Joint Maths and CS
I am certain that I have connected with you on LinkedIn, judging by your EPQ title
Do you mind if I message you on there?
Reply 9
I am certain that I have connected with you on LinkedIn, judging by your EPQ title

Sure go for it...
Reply 10

Did you message me on LinkedIn? Because I haven't received anything.
Hi everyone,

I sent my application off on 27/09/2023. I completed the admissions test on 12/10/2023, which was extremely easy. I got the interview invite on 10/11/2023 and completed the interview on 29/11/2023. I think the interview went quite well other than one slightly shaky question. The interview ran over by 10 minutes. These are the things I've mentioned in my application or received:

GCSEs: 9999999988 (the two 8s are in English Lit and RS).

A levels (predicted): 5 A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Computer Science and EPQ (Topic: Can we trust artificial intelligence and machine learning systems?)

Supercurricular stuff:

I started the school's Computer Science society where we hold debates and fun programming challenges from the Leetcode and Project Euler websites.

I have completed two bouts of work experience for the Fujitsu cybersecurity firm (virtual on the Springpod website) and a software development firm.

Avid member of Maths society and completed a 10 week problem solving course organised by the AMSP.

I represented my school in a competition organised by Leeds university between schools.

I was selected by my school to attend the Royal Institution Masterclasses organised by Leeds university.

Attended the Imperial Future Computing Taster Course.

Two merit certificates in the UKMT Senior Kangaroo (comes from getting two gold certificates in the Senior Maths Challenges and then performing well in the follow-up rounds).

Completed an industry-standard project for one of my work experience companies for an end-client.

I entered three essay competitions and one of my entries were shortlisted, which meant that I got free entry to a conference about the integration of AI in business.

I attended two conferences organised by Starling Bank and Google Cloud, which talked about the adoption and risks of AI.

I completed several MOOCs (data analysis using pandas, CS50x Introduction to Computer Science, Game development course in Java and PyGame, a course in C) and I consolidated my knowledge through my own personal projects like a two player space game and an infinite Mario runner.

Extra-curricular activities:

School House Captain

I play chess at the national level and have won various national and county events. I was the Junior County Champion in 2020 for Yorkshire.

I have completed 60 hours of volunteering and have attained my v60 certificate from Vinspired.

I have two part times jobs (private tutor and a contract tutor for Explore Learning).

I represent my school in badminton, football and cricket.

100% I'm willing to bet my house you're going to get an offer
Reply 12
Original post by BangPitung
100% I'm willing to bet my house you're going to get an offer

❤️... I got my offer on December 18th 10 pm.
Did you message me on LinkedIn? Because I haven't received anything.

not yet haha i forgot, will do now
Anyone not received an offer yet
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous #4

haven't received interview invite yet!
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous #4

There are loads of people that are still waiting for an interview and also for their decision. My friend did his admissions test on 16th of October and still hasn't heard anything. He got a Cambridge interview so I would be shocked for him to not get an interview.
Reply 17
Original post by tjola7
haven't received interview invite yet!

You'll get it......dw
Reply 18
There are loads of people that are still waiting for an interview and also for their decision. My friend did his admissions test on 16th of October and still hasn't heard anything. He got a Cambridge interview so I would be shocked for him to not get an interview.

you think? I'm really stressing over this because I've heard that the last interview date for Imperial is like end of feb / start of march meaning they probably have to inform people within the next week and the later it goes on without an invite, it feels closer to a rejection!
Reply 19
Original post by u3mqarty
you think? I'm really stressing over this because I've heard that the last interview date for Imperial is like end of feb / start of march meaning they probably have to inform people within the next week and the later it goes on without an invite, it feels closer to a rejection!

I wore to Imperial and they said they were going to do the last admission test this coming week and then process all the remaining applicants. They probably got the top people they wanted and now is down to the last places I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending