The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official Imperial College 2024 Undergraduate Applicants Thread

Please read the first two posts before commenting!

Welcome to the discussion thread for those applying to an undergraduate course at Imperial College London for 2024 entry. Here you can chat with other applicants and potential course-mates.

Here are some questions to get things started:
1. What course are you applying for?
2. What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
3. Are you sitting an admissions test for your course?
4. Why Imperial?
5. Any other unis you're interested in?

A tracking form has been created so that you can see when offers/interviews are being given out.

Link to this year's form: https://forms.gle/NpxJDdhR1XP6C2UCA
Please be aware you will need your TSR user ID to complete the form. If you don't know how to find this, click here.

2024 form responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L2_HIa6Itz86B9S0aKDrLq05mqFUTX6Y7KkjE6HDY8c/edit?usp=sharing

2023 form responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vGqvcphvMx54-5U67fTz-yGCiFbMX91Qk5tFFPIYQ7s/edit?usp=sharing[

Note: All data you share is at your own risk, the forms and resources linked here are not controlled by The Student Room Group Ltd. If you have any issues, please tag a member of the Universities Volunteer team (in purple and cyan at the bottom of this page). For more information please click here.
(edited 6 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Copied from last year's thread:

FAQs:
"When will I hear back??!"
A: When the uni feels like it. Be prepared to wait months and months; Imperial takes a long time.
"It's been <x amount of time> since I applied and I've heard nothing. Am I rejected?"
A: No.
"Someone who applied after me has received an offer and I'm still waiting. Am I rejected?"
A: No.
"I only sent my application off in January, am I at a disadvantage?"
A: No. The admissions staff have been doing this for years, they know to pace themselves when handing out offers.
"I'm taking a gap year/reapplying, am I at a disadvantage?"
A: Most cases, no. If applying for maths then do try to keep your brain stimulated though.
"Am I going to receive a higher offer if my predicted grades are above the requirement?"
A: No. Although for some courses, the typical offer is higher than the stated minimum requirement.
"What extracurriculars do I need?"
A: It really doesn't matter. As long as you can clearly show in your personal statement why you want to study the course and how you have shown your interest in it outside the classroom.

A couple other things:
Do not use the "post anonymously" function unless your post contains sensitive information. Most of the accounts posting on these kinds of threads are brand-new; you're anonymous anyway.

Do not post specific details about your interviews that could benefit other applicants

For undergraduate admissions statistics for all courses from the past 5 UCAS cycles, click here, scroll down and download the spreadsheet.

I'm happy to answer questions about the physics course at Imperial, but for any other course I probably won't know anything that you couldn't find out yourself.

Beware of group chats set up by advertisers trying to sell club tickets and wristbands. There may be fake students in there, and they may steal your contact info and spam you.

Posting or asking for links to group chats/Discord servers is not allowed; your post will be removed
(edited 8 months ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Bümp
Original post by Sinnoh
Bümp

Stuck, pink title, requested addition to the index too. :smile:
If you spot duplicates let me know. :cyber:
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Stuck, pink title, requested addition to the index too. :smile:
If you spot duplicates let me know. :cyber:

There appears to be no way to edit your responses to the google forms? You can only submit a new one
Original post by AmitC
There appears to be no way to edit your responses to the google forms? You can only submit a new one

Ah we're at Google form time already? Okay. Will get poking around this evening.

However, it should be normal that you cannot edit the spreadsheet. :smile: Otherwise what's the point in a thread?
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Ah we're at Google form time already? Okay. Will get poking around this evening.

However, it should be normal that you cannot edit the spreadsheet. :smile: Otherwise what's the point in a thread?

Yeah I dont think we should be able to edit the google sheets directly. But the forms suggest that you can edit your previous response to update the status of your application. Surely this would be more efficient that submitting multiple new reponses? Especially for people who might want to track how a specific application has progressed.
(edited 6 months ago)
1)Physics and theoretical physics
2)Maths, Phyiscs, chemistry, further maths A*A*A*A*
3)yes
4)Like london (city vibes), also one of the best uni in uk for physics
5)Camrbdige (NaSci),UCL, st andrews, glasgow
Reply 8
Original post by sadasdadasd
1)Physics and theoretical physics
2)Maths, Phyiscs, chemistry, further maths A*A*A*A*
3)yes
4)Like london (city vibes), also one of the best uni in uk for physics
5)Camrbdige (NaSci),UCL, st andrews, glasgow

Hey! I Applied for Physics too!

1) BSc Physics
2) Physics, Further Maths, Maths, Chemistry predicted 4A*
3) yes, feb 2024
4) great reputation for physics
5) UCL, Manchester, Edinburgh, Bristol
Original post by Sinnoh
Please read the first two posts before commenting!

Welcome to the discussion thread for those applying to an undergraduate course at Imperial College London for 2024 entry. Here you can chat with other applicants and potential course-mates.

Here are some questions to get things started:
1. What course are you applying for?
2. What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
3. Are you sitting an admissions test for your course?
4. Why Imperial?
5. Any other unis you're interested in?

A tracking form has been created so that you can see when offers/interviews are being given out.

Link to this year's form: https://forms.gle/NpxJDdhR1XP6C2UCA
Please be aware you will need your TSR user ID to complete the form. If you don't know how to find this, click here.

2024 form responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L2_HIa6Itz86B9S0aKDrLq05mqFUTX6Y7KkjE6HDY8c/edit?usp=sharing

2023 form responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vGqvcphvMx54-5U67fTz-yGCiFbMX91Qk5tFFPIYQ7s/edit?usp=sharing[

Note: All data you share is at your own risk, the forms and resources linked here are not controlled by The Student Room Group Ltd. If you have any issues, please tag a member of the Universities Volunteer team (in purple and cyan at the bottom of this page). For more information please click here.

Hello, just wanted to make you aware that this year we're trialling some google forms owned by the unis volunteers, to avoid a number of issues that have occurred with them in the past. I've updated the OP now. If there's anything we can do to make the Imperial one better, please let me know - and apologies that this wasn't put in place sooner. I hadn't realised these were already up!
Reply 10
Original post by 04MR17
Hello, just wanted to make you aware that this year we're trialling some google forms owned by the unis volunteers, to avoid a number of issues that have occurred with them in the past. I've updated the OP now. If there's anything we can do to make the Imperial one better, please let me know - and apologies that this wasn't put in place sooner. I hadn't realised these were already up!

Yeah, it's good. Thanks!
Helloo who has already submitted their application?
think they've started giving admissions tests now
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi guys! Is there anyone having problems with the refernece letter? I’d submitted and paid for my application yesterday, but the reference request status still showed “not submitted and my professor didn’t receive any emails to upload the recommendation letter. I thought that the reference letter or link was sent as soon as I submitted my application.

I followed the application guide and sign in to my application account again to find the “resend” button, but nothing could be found…
Reply 14
Has anyone recieved acknowledgement email from Inperial after UCAS submission. I received confirmation from other 4 unis but not Imperial. Is that normal?
Reply 15
Original post by Rhm12
Has anyone recieved acknowledgement email from Inperial after UCAS submission. I received confirmation from other 4 unis but not Imperial. Is that normal?

I submitted my application on 10 Oct and didn’t receive an acknowledgment email until 13 Oct:smile: I guess you might have to wait a couple of days before receiving anything from the admissions office
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 16
is this a different reference letter than the teacher references submitted to all your other unis? (for undergrad)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys! Is there anyone having problems with the refernece letter? I’d submitted and paid for my application yesterday, but the reference request status still showed “not submitted and my professor didn’t receive any emails to upload the recommendation letter. I thought that the reference letter or link was sent as soon as I submitted my application.

I followed the application guide and sign in to my application account again to find the “resend” button, but nothing could be found…
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 17
hey! I applied for the aerospace engineering course on 16th oct, with A*A*AA predicted in maths, further maths, physics and comp sci respectively(with an A in maths in hand as I gave it last year, but will retake it again this year and have been predicted an A* for the retake). I still haven't received a date for the admissions test, nor have I gotten any other emails aside from the acknowledgment email. Does this mean I am most likely to get rejected? (given the admissions test usually occurs at the start of November)
Reply 18
Original post by Un1c0rn
I submitted my application on 10 Oct and didn’t receive an acknowledgment email until 13 Oct:smile: I guess you might have to wait a couple of days before receiving anything from the admissions office

Same here. I applied around same date but still hasn't got anything!!
Original post by adhya_9
hey! I applied for the aerospace engineering course on 16th oct, with A*A*AA predicted in maths, further maths, physics and comp sci respectively(with an A in maths in hand as I gave it last year, but will retake it again this year and have been predicted an A* for the retake). I still haven't received a date for the admissions test, nor have I gotten any other emails aside from the acknowledgment email. Does this mean I am most likely to get rejected? (given the admissions test usually occurs at the start of November)

have you tried emailing them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending