The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
L0RA
In our house for next year we've got one bedroom downstairs at the front and i really didnt want it because of the safety issue. I'd be far more worried about someone breaking in if i lived downstairs on the front. Also the bathroom issue, our bathrooms are in the cellar then upstairs, which might get a bit annoying.

I've got the middle room upstairs next to the bathroom :biggrin: Not the biggest room but the 'nicest' with a victorian fireplace and new furniture!! I cant wait to move in, i'm so excited.

The rooms at the back not the front, but you have a victorian fireplace that sounds amazing!
yeah my other choice is the middle room next to the toilet. im still wavering on the idea though. im thinking, even though i love my friends, wouldnt it be more sort of 'private' downstairs, like when my boyfriend comes over.

but i think the big issue which might make me change my mind is the toilet being up the stairs and having to go up and down all the time. but in thinking about it i did have an attic room back home and had to do that anyway.

still dont know! even though you guys dont seem to be rooting for the downstairs one lol
Reply 21
Next year all of us will be downstairs because we're renting a bungalow. It isn't driving me to want to sleep in the attic. Go for it
In my downstairs room my windows opens all the way, really dangerous so won't be able to leave it open at night :/ make sure the back garden is secure, as my back garden is overlooked by council flats...gotta love Canterbury...
l'm in a downstairs room with a massive bay window looking onto the street.

Even with nets l feel as though people can see in! There's also being to only one to ever answer the door and hearing absolutely everything in the sitting room and from the street. The bathroom being upstairs doesn't bother me, l wouldn't want all the noises and queues just outside my room. lt's the biggest room and l really like it, l can go in and out without knocking into people on the narrow landing.
So there are advantages and disadvantages, but l'd say go for the room you'd feel more at home in.

Latest

Trending

Trending