The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Crazy how people think that you go through life completing a series of stages and checking off the same list that everyone else does. It's so sad and conformist.

Go to uni and have three "wild years" where if you don't party every week you're not having the 'full experience'.

But then after uni you must find a partner, and settle down. From this point onwards, it is now seemed 'sad' to go clubbing.

It's like the lower middle classes have this right of passage that they must pass through. Do the 'wild years' before turning into replicas of their parents, who they used to refer to as the 'rents'.

There is no ****ing age limit to clubbing. If you enjoy it, just do it. I've seen groups of friends well into their 30s out clubbing, and you know what? They actually look a hell of a lot less sad than the 19 year olds trying their utmost to dance cool and pull, because they don't give a toss what people think, they're just there to have a laugh and a dance with friends.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by infairverona
I'm 23 and I would find it weird going clubbing now! I kinda think past the uni age (I know mature students etc etc but still) it's just a bit odd. I don't really understand why someone over this kinda age would choose to be in a packed room full of sweaty 18 year olds :u:

If you think it's weird to go clubbing at 23 you must never have really enjoyed clubbing in the first place, or must go to venues where the only people who go are 18 year olds who find the experience so novel that they'd be happy anywhere.

Loads of people at 23 still go clubbing?

:holmes:
I'm 26 and have probably been "clubbing" about once in the last year. After uni it's not so fun. I also feel ridiculously old compared to the skinny little 18 year old in crop tops... Although I don't LOOK old which leads to awkward conversations at the bar. I just don't have the energy for all the pushing and shoving and people stepping on my feet. I still like a night out but to bars or pubs, and I'll still go and dance... Just not at those typical meat market places.
My age.
Original post by Foo.mp3
:sad:

Why're you sad? I thought you don't even go clubbing
Its weird to go clubbing at any age as far as I am concerned. I dont see the appeal.
The ages on this thread is lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Paulwyn
Depends on the club, I'm 30

You look 16.
Reply 29
My parents (38, 40) still go out from time to time. But mostly when its a culture specific club or party so its understandable.
Reply 30
Depends. Some people are cool as **** at 45. Totally ripped, well dressed, dripping with gold, successful - those guys can pull 25 year olds all night. Seen it a lot.
I'd say age 2 would be pretty weird
lol at 25. 25 is old until you reach 25.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Only because of my health, otherwise I like to go now and then :smile:

Ah okay. I miss my wild uni days. I guess you could say the same for me.Health has got to come first
I think it really depends on the type of club, some places are mainly full of 18/19 year olds & early 20s & anyone much older than this would stand out. Other places attract a much wider age range & how old you are wouldn't be so much of an issue. Also depends how old you look, dress sense, confidence etc.
Original post by Howard
Depends. Some people are cool as **** at 45. Totally ripped, well dressed, dripping with gold, successful - those guys can pull 25 year olds all night. Seen it a lot.

But its all about maturity. Yeah men wanna ****, but would you really want to hang around these places when you're 40? Plus a lot of young girls are annoying and immature.

Though the club scene in general just depresses me. I'd rather visit bars or have a drink with food.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by datpiff
But its all about maturity. Yeah men wanna ****, but would you really want to hang around these places when you're 40? Plus a lot of young girls are annoying and immature.

Though the club scene in general just depresses me. I'd rather visit bars or have a drink with food.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree with you there. A nice relaxed bar with good drinks, food, and maybe a band is far better than a club in my opinion. I hate clubs.
Original post by Tishy
If you think it's weird to go clubbing at 23 you must never have really enjoyed clubbing in the first place, or must go to venues where the only people who go are 18 year olds who find the experience so novel that they'd be happy anywhere.

Loads of people at 23 still go clubbing?

You're wrong on both counts. I used to like clubbing a lot - when I was 18/19. I went to various places not only in my uni town but also at home and while there always are older people, clubs are always dominated by the younger uni age people. I just think it's weird to still be enjoying that at 23+.
Reply 38
Im shocked that alot of you are saying over 25.. Id say the majority of club goers are 25-30

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't care for a lot of typical UK clubbing anymore, but if you think about it in a broader context and particularly with a focus on the music itself, it's really daft to put these low age limits on what's acceptable. Some of the major EDM producers (or DJs, if you prefer), particularly in house & techno, are well over some of the max ages being touted on here. Deadmau5 is 34, Laurent Garnier is 49, and Frankie Knuckles ( "The Godfather of House Music" ) was still playing well into his 50s (before sadly dying of diabetes last year aged 59). It's absurd to think that they wouldn't even be welcome in the club according to the "rules" of some people on here!
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest