The Student Room Group

Please i need help with vr comprehension

*I have seen the Sticky but people who have done it have left now so i'm hoping for more response here*

My test is in two days and i can't for the life of me do VR comprehension, I don't understand how it is possible for me to do it in so little time. I can't read all the answer options, memorise and then skim the long passage with them in mind in 5 minutes never mind 30s.
Please any tips would be appreciated so much!
If you have done it please help.
Help please
Your should read each option and then quickly skim the passage and do so for each option
Also you should consider the guess'n'go option and spend more time on the easier questions eg t/f/ct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonymator
Your should read each option and then quickly skim the passage and do so for each option
Also you should consider the guess'n'go option and spend more time on the easier questions eg t/f/ct

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am fine with TFC but its only like 20% of the questions so i am definitely not going to guess it.
Reply 4
read questions, look for key words from the questions in the paragraphs.

Don't read the whole paragraph cuz 90% of it will be bull**** that you wont need to answer the qs.
@thechemistress any advice? I'm desperate :'(
Original post by 
@thechemistress any advice? I'm desperate :'(

What have you used to prepare so far?
Original post by thechemistress
What have you used to prepare so far?

Medify basically that's it. I have a 2016 book but thats not very good for me because it's not timed n has mistakes.
I have also done every other section on the UKCAT Official practice but missed out VR.
People are still doing this test? Jesus.
Original post by 
Medify basically that's it. I have a 2016 book but thats not very good for me because it's not timed n has mistakes.
I have also done every other section on the UKCAT Official practice but missed out VR.

There's no secret trick to success other than hard work basically. Firstly, DO the official UKCAT VR practice questions. Also, keep going with medify. If it takes you the entirety of one day to get better, it will be worth it. Practice practice practice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending