The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2018

Scroll to see replies

On the topic of advice for questions. My second year results landed me with an average of 70% however at my AC I am bound to be questioned about 51 in equity (I am a second year law student) anyone have any sound advice to explain this in a concise way? I was working my part time job in retail for 16-20 hours a week with Christmas exams but it isn't a good excuse! Thanks!
Original post by hamzta
Anyone heard from eversheds AC?

Hi would you mind sharing any tips about the Eversheds AC? What was your interview like and the group interview and exercises? So far anyone I have asked for advice has not wanted to share :/
Original post by legalme
The psychometric tests are done in the assessment centres not before anymore.

Do you know anything about the psychometric test? is it just verbal reasoning, or numerical too?
Anyone heard from Gowling post phone interview?
Original post by A-BC
Anyone know how long it takes for Ashurst to get back post final interview?Would be grateful for any tips for a Travers Smith first round interview too!

When was your Ashurst interview? I had mine 10 days ago and still no word...
Original post by youcanttouchdis
Do you know anything about the psychometric test? is it just verbal reasoning, or numerical too?

The one they used for the vac scheme was non-verbal reasoning (the one involving grouping shapes). Might not be the same for the training contract though!
Original post by hamzta
Anyone heard from eversheds AC?

Which office?
Anyone heard from Weightmans after the assessment centre???
I'm still waiting too. Wasn't it today they said we would know by?
anyone heard back from skadden?
Hill Dickinson??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1991
Any tips on Slaughter and May interview?

Thanks
Original post by tc2018app
anyone heard back from skadden?

Not yet
Original post by J-SP
Focus on how you have taken on the feedback and what you have done already to try and improve on the development area, or what you will do in the coming months. Good thing about legal recruitment is there is a time lag between being recruited and joining - use that to your advantage (think about what you could do in that time beyond just going through law school).

Make sure the language and tone you use is positive rather than negative. And make sure the development area (in your case commercial awareness) is part of your preparation for the interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much! :smile:
Slaughter and May AC, anyone have any tips? I am happy that it is interview and written exercise driven :smile: how did any of you find it?
Original post by Reyanp23
Slaughter and May AC, anyone have any tips? I am happy that it is interview and written exercise driven :smile: how did any of you find it?

Hi, when did you apply/hear back? Thanks!
Reply 1996
Original post by hodgey111
If I were you, I'd say that they took people with more life experience and then be prepared to explain how you have developed more of that yourself since your rejection from the vac scheme.

Thanks - annoyingly it was in July so haven't had long to develop that ... But I'll try and think of something! Cheers
Reply 1997
Original post by Reyanp23

Hi do you mind me asking when you applied and when you heard back?
Reply 1998
Original post by J-SP
Focus on how you have taken on the feedback and what you have done already to try and improve on the development area, or what you will do in the coming months. Good thing about legal recruitment is there is a time lag between being recruited and joining - use that to your advantage (think about what you could do in that time beyond just going through law school).

Make sure the language and tone you use is positive rather than negative. And make sure the development area (in your case commercial awareness) is part of your preparation for the interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great, thank you!
TLT London AC invite!

Anyone got any experience with this? Would appreciate any insight!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending