The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J-SP
This is a bit of a consistent error with one of the video providers. They really mean 23.59 on Sunday but their automated comms do not make t clear and actually contradict what they really mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I'm writing a cover letter and I don't who should I address the cover letter to.

At the moment, I've put Dear Sir/Madam, but I'm sure there's a better way of doing this.

Please can you help, thanks
Reply 2861
Original post by tehforum
Hi, I'm writing a cover letter and I don't who should I address the cover letter to.

At the moment, I've put Dear Sir/Madam, but I'm sure there's a better way of doing this.

Please can you help, thanks

Look up who is head of graduate recruitment at the firm/any emails you have received from them - if that fails put Dear Graduate Recruitment.
Original post by th833
Look up who is head of graduate recruitment at the firm/any emails you have received from them - if that fails put Dear Graduate Recruitment.

Sorry forgot to mention, it's for a paralegal role.

I've got the names of the people I'm reporting to (partners), but I don't think that's acceptable either as they won't be reading it initially, right?
Original post by th833
End of tonight mate, 12:00 is a Sunday.

12:00am at the end of Sunday would be a Monday...

Original post by J-SP
This is a bit of a consistent error with one of the video providers. They really mean 23.59 on Sunday but their automated comms do not make t clear and actually contradict what they really mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you both. I technically thought the deadline would be tonight, but thought a sunday deadline made more sense, to allow for a review from Monday morning onward.

Will probably do tonight, just to be safe.
I was there early August. I suppose it's a PFO for me (although someone else has mentioned that the firm's last A/C is on the 8th) but I wish you all the best, my friend.
This became such a happy thread about three weeks ago now it's gone back to being awful!

Really sorry those that really deserved something have been PFO'd by firms, keep at it - don't let them rule your life, applications for some firms open again soon!

:console:
Any news on SPB anybody? I applied months ago and still haven't heard back...
Original post by chocaholic25
Hi guys, just looking for a little advice.

Got an email from Pinsent Masons today stating that they'd sent out their first round offers: "we have now made a number of offers to candidates who performed particularly well throughout the selection process. Whilst you are not in this first group of offers, we certainly consider you to be a strong candidate and would like to take a little more time to consider your application further."
Apparently they will get back to my by the end of September. So this leaves me wondering whether they have, essentially, sent out all of their TC offers and are just waiting to hear back and see if anyone declines. In which case, wouldn't it be normal to let applicants know that they're on a reserve list? Or are they perhaps still reviewing most applications but have just sent out TC offers to particularly strong applicants? The email doesn't mention whether anyone has actually been rejected post-AC.

Any interpretation help or advice would be very appreciated at this stage :smile: Just a bit gutted as I didn't think the AC had gone badly. Thanks!

This means they've handed out all the TCs for this cycle, but you're one of the ones who will get an offer if for any reason someone can't take up their TC (fails the LPC, takes an offer from another firm etc).

They've already considered you and like you, they're just waiting for a vacancy for you. Still apply for other places for peace of mind, but you've got the best feedback possible there, it's a good thing!
Reply 2868
Leaving this cycle with two training contract offers 😀

Good luck everyone!
Original post by A-BC
Leaving this cycle with two training contract offers 😀

Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Where will you be going? Hard choice between your two firms?
Original post by A-BC
Ashurst/ Ince & Co :smile: not decided which to accept just yet

Often seems to be the case people either have multiple offers or none at all! Congratulations and all the best with your decision making! Go with your gut instinct. :smile:
Original post by A-BC

Tough call. But, good luck with the decision!
Reply 2872
Original post by A-BC

Ashurst salary progression is much better :P
Original post by A-BC

Seeing as you've got two offers, what's your best advice on how to crack assessment centres haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dumb question from someone that knows next to nothing about law, but is there a general time limit on the number of years you can apply for training contracts after you graduate?

like do employers tend to not consider people that graduated 4 years ago and still applying for training contracts.
If anyone has any advice for a Kennedys or Addleshaw Goddard AC I would really appreciate it!
Reply 2876
Has anyone got tips for a first round interview at RadcliffesLeBrasseur?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from Stevens & Bolton post-app yet?
Reply 2878
very late in the day and assuming PFO but was wondering if anyone heard anything either way from Farrer or Boodle Hatfield? Haven't seen them mentioned although I know realistically they must have done all their interviews by now
Reply 2879
Original post by natdemerist
Has anyone heard from Stevens & Bolton post-app yet?

I'm still waiting from them as well.

Has anyone heard from Kennedys post critical reasoning test? The London AC is on Friday so I am starting to get nervous about the silence!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending