The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Anyone can email me his CMS answers in the application?
Just got an email offering me an interview at Leigh Day Manchester for their 2017 TC despite it being way past the 6 weeks period. Anyone else?
Original post by studos

Who's answers? Who do you mean by 'his'?
Reply 383
Original post by Trapz99
Who's answers? Who do you mean by 'his'?

why do you want to stick your nose to everything? leave it to people who know
Original post by studos
why do you want to stick your nose to everything? leave it to people who know

So law or IB then?
Original post by studos

As if anyone would ever send you their answers that they probably worked really hard on...
Reply 386
Original post by tcapplier
As if anyone would ever send you their answers that they probably worked really hard on...

it has happened before
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by curi0us0range
Holman Fenwick Willan offer! :biggrin: This was after the spring vac scheme.

I know of a few others who have also been offered for 2018.

Dead chuffed - perfect fit for me in terms of industry focus, firm culture and international spread. And that this comes after nearly 3 years of applying and getting nowhere! Such a slog. And I still have to complete the GDL and LPC...

For those of you still looking - persist with open days, persevere with applications, get experience and it will finally pay off! (For those interested... I am a post Teach-First career-changer with 2:1 from Leeds Uni and MA distinction at KCL)

That's really comforting to know -- thank you! :smile: I've been applying for the last 2 years, so I'm hoping this will be my year :wink: Congratulations on your amazing achievement!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Reed Smith... it's been almost 2 months since I hit 'submit' on their form but I ain't giving up hope yet!
Original post by studos
I don't understand

in Strategy Consulting: the job is to advise companies how to achieve more growth, eg, what merges and acquisitions to make, what markets to enter, etc
in Investment Banking: the job is to advise companies how to achieve more growth, eg, what merges and acquisitions to make, what markets to enter, etc
in Commercial Law: the job is to advise companies how to achieve more growth, eg, what merges and acquisitions to make, what markets to enter, etc

What are the differences really? All do the same thing?

You've mixed together the role of each of these firms, in your definitions.. I suggest you read the Wikipedia page for each type of firm before asking this again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tcapplier
Ah thankyou! Not looking forward to this now!

Good luck! :smile:
If you have received vac schemes after completing an AC for a TC would you inform the firm of these? Even if these are relatively soon ?
Original post by J-SP
I wouldn't bother. They will be going off the information from your AC when making a decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Would you not let them know on the basis that if it came down to the last 2 and there was little between, do you not think this would give you the advantage? The closeness of the dates makes me feel as though it would sound like i had left them out of my application.
Reply 392
Original post by J-SP
It might give you an advantage, it might give you a disadvantage though.

Many firms haven't got the ability to update application forms for candidates and even those that do, they don't like to as its more effort than it's worth or they think it's unfair. As you have already been assessed, it's difficult to go back and add information in. If the assessments were coming up, then sure you could mention them, but I don't see how a firm could take that information and use it.

If you feel strongly about it, then tell them though. I don't think it's going to be a big issue either way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

J-SP, have you seen many non-law graduates from lower unis getting TC in large London firms?
When is Taylor Wessing going to answer pff... Silent PFO or what?
Reply 394
Clifford Chance and Latham & Watkins TC offers so far for 2018.
Original post by SJU1

Assumed Latham would only make offers after the vac schemes
Reply 396
Original post by LawStudentLLM
Assumed Latham would only make offers after the vac schemes

I was on their easter one.
Original post by SJU1

Congrats! (Please teach me your ways.... :tongue:)
Original post by studos
J-SP, have you seen many non-law graduates from lower unis getting TC in large London firms?

Met a couple trainees from Greenwich and Westminster whilst at Clifford Chance for an insight programme. They generally had high 1st class degrees and some very impressive extracurricular achievements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SJU1

Cleaning up nicely as per usual, congrats!

So if it comes down to it: US firm or GS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending