The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
I'm back in, entire application is gone, presumably as role is gone
Will they give us another chance to apply due to cvmail breakage?
Original post by Fashgal
Anybody waiting to hear from hill Dickinson post vac scheme/interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! No I haven't and this is ridiculous because they had promised to give an answer in a week's time. It's now been 3 weeks....

Which office did you apply for?
Original post by verier
Will they give us another chance to apply due to cvmail breakage?

Somehow I doubt it very much. And even if they do, they might just reject you without looking at your app anyway...

It is incredibly annoying - I had such a good app for Squire Patton Boggs and it's now gone to waste....
cv mail. what a joke.

yup i was unable to get through all day and actually submit a finalised application.... grrrr all i had to do was click on "apply" but from 10:20pm onwards the last page wouldn't load and that was that until after midnight...

in addition i had another application where i just had to cut and paste my answers in and submit - no dice.
Original post by WA senior
cv mail. what a joke.

yup i was unable to get through all day and actually submit a finalised application.... grrrr all i had to do was click on "apply" but from 10:20pm onwards the last page wouldn't load and that was that until after midnight...

in addition i had another application where i just had to cut and paste my answers in and submit - no dice.

I think the best thing to do is for ALL of us to email firms tomorrow morning and complain. They can't ignore us if there are a lot of us.
Original post by goldsnitchseeker
I think the best thing to do is for ALL of us to email firms tomorrow morning and complain. They can't ignore us if there are a lot of us.

yeah I already emailed them
Out of curiosity, anyone heard from Mayer Brown, BLP, Weil or HSF?

Thanks!

I applied around one and half/two weeks ago to them except HSF.
Original post by legaleagle93
Pinsent Masons offer :banana::banana:

Well done! Was that post vac scheme or direct TC application??
Original post by Mowgli5
Out of curiosity, anyone heard from Mayer Brown, BLP, Weil or HSF?

Thanks!

I applied around one and half/two weeks ago to them except HSF.

applied to all 4 - HSF got back after 1 week (applied early in July). MB and Weil haven't gotten back to me yet (also early july). BLP near the end of July and no.
Reply 990
Has anyone completed a first stage TC interview with Travers Smith - if so, any advice?
CvMail systems seem to have rebooted themselves. The vacancies are open again.
Original post by KayMTC
Has anyone completed a first stage TC interview with Travers Smith - if so, any advice?

Did they reply to you? I havent heard anything back
Reply 993
Has anyone got/ had an interview for Covington & Burling?
Original post by thebadboy761
applied to all 4 - HSF got back after 1 week (applied early in July). MB and Weil haven't gotten back to me yet (also early july). BLP near the end of July and no.

MB - passed initial screening and waiting for them to send test links, is anyone else waiting on the test links? Just wondering as it said towards the end of July?

BLP - no response yet
Reply 995
Original post by KayMTC

Original post by itsreem55
Did they reply to you? I havent heard anything back

I have. It was a good experience, very straightforward process in so far as there was no written assessments/presentations etc, just an interview with a partner.

The partner knew my application inside out, and had questions about my motivations re law (academic and then commercial) and TS. Additionally, was asked insightful questions about my work experiences to date. Some open questions as well (they're known for asking 'moral maze' type questions.

There were a few questions relating to Brexit as well. If you'd like to know more, reply/pm (:
Original post by bicks
I have. It was a good experience, very straightforward process in so far as there was no written assessments/presentations etc, just an interview with a partner.

The partner knew my application inside out, and had questions about my motivations re law (academic and then commercial) and TS. Additionally, was asked insightful questions about my work experiences to date. Some open questions as well (they're known for asking 'moral maze' type questions.

There were a few questions relating to Brexit as well. If you'd like to know more, reply/pm (:

Do they recruit on a rolling basis? Because I applied on Saturday and so I probably have no chance now then :frown: I thought they consider them after the deadline.

or was this last year?
Reply 997
Original post by itsreem55
Do they recruit on a rolling basis? Because I applied on Saturday and so I probably have no chance now then :frown: I thought they consider them after the deadline.

or was this last year?

I'm not sure if it's rolling or not. They're a very flexible firm when it comes to interviews. They don't hold AC's, it's just interviews and in my experience, they arranged my interviews swiftly.

I think they are still recruiting, so if they like your app, hopefully they'll call you in!

It was this year.
So Ropes & Gray managed to reject me in less than 10 hours - is that possible assuming they use an automatic mark cut-off?
Reply 999
Original post by Basya165
Anyone here been on an interview with Shearman and willing to give some tips?

Partner interview? It really varies depending on the interviewer/s. PM me with the name of your interviewer and I will try to help if I can with specific or general info.

Their written assessment & group assessments are pretty standard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending