The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2018

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if these guys have finished sending out interview/AC invites? I've not heard back yet.

Jones Day
Simmons and SImmons
Pinsent
Bird and Bird
Original post by vacschemestudent
Holman Fenwick Willan AC invite! Could anyone share some tips or advice regarding their AC? Thanks!!

Hi, can't help you with tips regrading their AC but wanted to know when you applied? Good luck with the AC!
Original post by Mowgli5
A bit confused about DLA Piper as well...

In the acknowledgement email it said that they were holding their first round interviews between 8th and 19th August and then their final round ACs on 1st and 5th September for London.

Surprised to hear that places on the ACs have already filled up?

I applied on 27th July and haven't heard anything as of now.

I might be wrong but the way I'm reading it is they have filled up the dates on their spaces for first round interviews (as this is a group assessment) as on my email I was told I needed to reply ASAP as they were filled on a first come first serve basis. So I dont think the September ACs are filled up but I think the group assessment days have been?
Anyone heard from Blake Morgan following final interview? Or DAC Beachcroft after AC?
Original post by Economister
Does anyone know if these guys have finished sending out interview/AC invites? I've not heard back yet.

Jones Day
Simmons and SImmons
Pinsent
Bird and Bird

bird and bird sent out wg invites monday
Original post by krbsspp*
bird and bird sent out wg invites monday

Sorry to be a noob but what does WG stand for? And do you think that's them done or might there be another round of invites?
Original post by Economister
Sorry to be a noob but what does WG stand for? And do you think that's them done or might there be another round of invites?

Watson glaser. I don't know sorry, they sent the invite Monday and deadline for completion is sunday - maybe there will be another round after that?
How do you know you passed both? I've done the SJT and now been sent a VRT to do. Once I've don't the VRT will I get an email saying I've passed?
Original post by jessicagrace95
How do you know you passed both? I've done the SJT and now been sent a VRT to do. Once I've don't the VRT will I get an email saying I've passed?

Gowling WLG?
Has anyone applied to any of the smaller, regional firms and heard back yet? I did a direct TC application to Blaser Mills and Tollers. Can't stop refreshing my emails and I'm just driving myself insane! :s-smilie:
TC at Clifford Chance after 4 years of playing this game...

Boom
Original post by diana1996
I might be wrong but the way I'm reading it is they have filled up the dates on their spaces for first round interviews (as this is a group assessment) as on my email I was told I needed to reply ASAP as they were filled on a first come first serve basis. So I dont think the September ACs are filled up but I think the group assessment days have been?

Ah okay, thanks. If that's the case then I am expecting a PFO. We'll see.
Original post by haseenahali
Hi, can't help you with tips regrading their AC but wanted to know when you applied? Good luck with the AC!

Thank you! Applied on the deadline, 31st July
Original post by O'Doyle Rules

Boom

Congratulations! Is there anything that you did differently this time around?

Boom

Well done! did you have no results for 4 years? the thought of it happening to me scares me
Original post by lndlaw
Well done! did you have no results for 4 years? the thought of it happening to me scares me

Well I have traveled quite a lot since graduating so perhaps haven't got through the traditional path!

Had 3 final round assessment centres and CC was the one which paid off!.

Persistence is unfortunately key
Original post by SammyHam
Congratulations! Is there anything that you did differently this time around?

Played to my strengths!

To be honest my university grades were not great - 2.1 overall from one of the lower RG unis (some horrendous module results at times - perhaps enjoyed uni too much).

However, I picked up a shed load of varied work experience (particularly in finance) and travelling experiences and I constantly played on them.

Led to ACs with SC firms and now a TC with a MC firm.

Don't rule yourselves out of ANY firm. Too easy to think you're not good enough.
Played to my strengths!

To be honest my university grades were not great - 2.1 overall from one of the lower RG unis (some horrendous module results at times - perhaps enjoyed uni too much).

However, I picked up a shed load of varied work experience (particularly in finance) and travelling experiences and I constantly played on them.

Led to ACs with SC firms and now a TC with a MC firm.

Don't rule yourselves out of ANY firm. Too easy to think you're not good enough.

Fantastic, thank you. And congratulations again!
Reply 1198
Hi all. Anyone heard from Linklaters yet?
Original post by vacschemestudent
Thank you! Applied on the deadline, 31st July

Thank you; good luck. I applied on 25th July - going to have to wait and see :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending