The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2018

Scroll to see replies

CRS rejection post video interview :smile:)))))))
Ah amazing, well done :smile:, it's good they got back to you so quickly. I did mine this morning at 7am ! :frown:

Hope Bird & Bird and RPC revert to you with good news soon
Original post by itsreem55
CRS rejection post video interview :smile:)))))))

well done for getting that far !! I got a silent pfo ....
Original post by Simba03
Do you? I've not heard anything since notification of VRT pass.

Yes, got an email about it 2 days after the VRT pass notification
Original post by legalme
well done for getting that far !! I got a silent pfo ....

Man sorry to hear.

Do you guys reckon my performance in the video interviews is the issue? Not confident enough? I wish someone would just give feedback so I'd know.

Also

Does anyone know some firms that accept final year candidates applying to their vac schemes. CRS doesn't, for example, needs to be 2nd year in law degree.
Original post by Ksma2604
Has anyone heard from these in MCR?

- BLP post application / test
- Freeths post application
- Eversheds post video interview
- Kennedys post application
- TLT post video interview
- Clyde & co post application
- Gateleys post application

Thanks guys and good luck!!

I got a rejection from Eversheds post-video interview!
Original post by legalme
Ah amazing, well done :smile:, it's good they got back to you so quickly. I did mine this morning at 7am ! :frown:

Hope Bird & Bird and RPC revert to you with good news soon

Ouch 7am!! Fingers crossed you'll get your video interview through soon then!

Anyone heard from weightmans post Ac ??
Original post by MrLintonJones
Is this post VS or TC app?

Post TC app. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Email from KWM

"Thank you for submitting an application for a training contract at King & Wood Mallesons. We have received a large number of applications through both our vacation schemes and training contracts and have now filled all our places for September 2018/March 2019. We will be opening our applications for the September 2019/March 2020 intakes on the 1 October 2016."
Reply 1590
For those of you waiting to hear back from Clyde & Co, I would not expect to hear back until after next week as offers/rejections have not been given out to vac schemers yet.
Has anyone heard from Gowling WLG post VR or Browne Jacobson post telephone interview?
Original post by lndlaw
Email from KWM

"Thank you for submitting an application for a training contract at King & Wood Mallesons. We have received a large number of applications through both our vacation schemes and training contracts and have now filled all our places for September 2018/March 2019. We will be opening our applications for the September 2019/March 2020 intakes on the 1 October 2016."

Just received the same email as well. They must have filled up their places quite early cause it doesn't seem like they held any interviews/AC after 31st July.
Original post by jeloha14
Has anyone heard from Gowling WLG post VR or Browne Jacobson post telephone interview?

Not me - in the same position
Original post by lndlaw
Email from KWM

It's a pain that people spend time on applications, when in fact the firm they're applying to has already had the people they are going to make offers to pass through their system and they are just waiting to confirm offers. Just means wasted time on applications - really annoying!Although I understand that firms can't do anything about this as they can't stop applications being open in case people don't accept offers, and they still need to get the best people in case that happens. Just annoying!
Original post by lndlaw
Email from KWM

OMG this is honestly frustrating - the one firm I have been patiently waiting to hear back from.. I have not yet received this email but man this sucks...
Original post by Fashgal
Post TC app. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

TC
Original post by legalme
OMG this is honestly frustrating - the one firm I have been patiently waiting to hear back from.. I have not yet received this email but man this sucks...

Yep. One of my strongest apps. Piss take..
TC

Have you heard anything since submitting your app?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a pain that people spend time on applications, when in fact the firm they're applying to has already had the people they are going to make offers to pass through their system and they are just waiting to confirm offers. Just means wasted time on applications - really annoying!Although I understand that firms can't do anything about this as they can't stop applications being open in case people don't accept offers, and they still need to get the best people in case that happens. Just annoying!

Tbf it could be that they've decided to slash trainee numbers, they've just announced a genuinely woeful retention rate...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending