The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ksmall4
Anyone heard back from Eversheds post video Manchester or BLP post test Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed BLP around October time and they said they weren't holding a vac scheme or recruiting for TCs in their Manchester office? :s-smilie:
Original post by LawStudent57
I emailed BLP around October time and they said they weren't holding a vac scheme or recruiting for TCs in their Manchester office? :s-smilie:

It was definitely an option on the applications because I've only applied for tcs in Manchester x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ksmall4
It was definitely an option on the applications because I've only applied for tcs in Manchester x

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really annoying! This is the reply I got from graduate recruitment..

"Please be advised that at the moment BLP does not accommodate Vacation Schemes or offer Training Contracts in Manchester. As you noted, we currently only offer UK Vacation Schemes and Training Contracts in our London Office."

Well that's a first. A PFO before even sending in an application!
Original post by LawStudent57
That's really annoying! This is the reply I got from graduate recruitment..

"Please be advised that at the moment BLP does not accommodate Vacation Schemes or offer Training Contracts in Manchester. As you noted, we currently only offer UK Vacation Schemes and Training Contracts in our London Office."

Well that's a first. A PFO before even sending in an application!

It's a good job you've said that because I've just checked the application and it doesn't give options of offices!! So must be London then :frown: what a waste of time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Eversheds Manchester PFO post video interview. 6 rejections later that's me out of the count for this year. Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ksmall4
It's a good job you've said that because I've just checked the application and it doesn't give options of offices!! So much be London then :frown: what a waste of time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope I am right otherwise a scathing email to grad rec is on the cards! 😄
Original post by soph497
Eversheds Manchester PFO post video interview. 6 rejections later that's me out of the count for this year. Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so ****! When did you hear if you don't mind me asking? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by galappp
Has anyone heard back from Pinsent Masons yet? I suspect that I'm about to get a PFO, as it has been a full week since they sent out the email saying that they were still screening applications.

I haven't heard anything either
Original post by Ksmall4
That's so ****! When did you hear if you don't mind me asking? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

First thing this morning. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reyanp23
Hi anyone have any tips for Eversheds AC? There is not much info online concerning the two written tests or group exercise. Any tips or ideas in order to prep would be much appreciated! :smile:

Hi do you know what office this is for? :smile:
Has anyone heard fromBrowne Jacobson post tel interview? The AC is Monday so I guess it's looking bad but I've not actually heard of anyone being notified yet....
Original post by Simba03
Has anyone heard fromBrowne Jacobson post tel interview? The AC is Monday so I guess it's looking bad but I've not actually heard of anyone being notified yet....

I'm still waiting too - it's annoying as she said she'd email sometime this week to tell me whether I'll be invited to the AC or not, so the fact that I've heard nothing at all is just confusing. But yeah, I've been losing hope as the week has gone on :/
[QUOTE=FeminineEminem;66877786]I'm still waiting too - it's annoying as she said she'd email sometime this week to tell me whether I'll be invited to the AC or not, so the fact that I've heard nothing at all is just confusing. But yeah, I've been losing hope as the week has gone on :/

By the sound of things no news probably is still no news (not good or bad) but as you say it's hard to keep believing that as we get ever closer to the end of the week.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Simba03
By the sound of things no news probably is still no news (not good or bad) but as you say it's hard to keep believing that as we get ever closer to the end of the week.

It's a shame as Browne Jacobson was my favourite firm that I applied to. Oh well, let me know if you hear anything back from them!
[QUOTE=FeminineEminem;66877862]It's a shame as Browne Jacobson was my favourite firm that I applied to. Oh well, let me know if you hear anything back from them!

I just received a PM from someone who was invited to Monday's AC on Wednesday just gone.
Original post by Simba03
I just received a PM from someone who was invited to Monday's AC on Wednesday just gone.

Yeah I got the same message, I'm not exactly hopeful for an invite to the second AC the week after as we've heard nothing so far so I guess that's game over from Browne Jacobson.
[QUOTE=FeminineEminem;66878440]Yeah I got the same message, I'm not exactly hopeful for an invite to the second AC the week after as we've heard nothing so far so I guess that's game over from Browne Jacobson.

My take as well.
BLP AC on Tuesday @ London office.

Does anyone have any tips/advice? I've never done an AC before in my life!!
has anyone heard back from hogan lovells post phone interview? x
Has anyone heard from HFW post-AC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending