The Student Room Group

Best undergraduate University to go to Harvard Business School?!

Hello, so the title says it all. I'm applying for a Business management BSc in the UK, and hope to progress onto a top uni for my masters, possibly Harvard.

The problem is, I don't know where I should do my undergraduate course at? I tried to find some info on preferred UK unis by Harvard, but I don't think that there is even such a thing. I am planning on going to Cass Business School, City University London, but I'm not so sure on its reputation now:frown: other possible options include Manchester business school. I can also go to KCL or Queen Mary, although I feel that they excel more at science-based degrees.

Does anyone have any possibly helpful information? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Take a university with a better known and prestigious brand. City has a good business school but is not known abroad as it is not well ranked internationally.
Reply 2
Original post by LadyBugMery
Take a university with a better known and prestigious brand. City has a good business school but is not known abroad as it is not well ranked internationally.

do you think they will consider it as just City university, or may they see Cass as a separate institute?
Cass is still City University
Cass is good for business. American business schools won't care where you went, just that you have excellent grades. Having some extra-curriculars will probably enhance your eventual application. You're still a few years away from applying yet, so just concentrate on school then your undergraduate degree before you start thinking about a masters. Your life plans and goals could change along the way! You should start saving now...
Well a 1st at Herriott Watt, Nothingham Trent or UWE is not gonna get you anywhere in the top 50 MBAs. While a 2.2 or 2.1 at Cambridge, Oxford, King's, UCL, LSE or Warwick, will
Well a 1st at Herriott Watt, Nothingham Trent or UWE is not gonna get you anywhere in the top 50 MBAs. While a 2.2 or 2.1 at Cambridge, Oxford, King's, UCL, LSE or Warwick, will

That's utter nonsense. Please stop passing off your uninformed opinions as fact. Do you even have any experience applying for business degrees anywhere?
Reply 8
Original post by Duncan2012
Cass is good for business. American business schools won't care where you went, just that you have excellent grades. Having some extra-curriculars will probably enhance your eventual application. You're still a few years away from applying yet, so just concentrate on school then your undergraduate degree before you start thinking about a masters. Your life plans and goals could change along the way! You should start saving now...

Thanks! Do you have any advice on what kind of extra curricular I should be doing during my time at uni to enhance future applications?:smile:
Reply 9

After doing some research I found a list of the undergrad schools the current Harvard class attended, and many are not even in the top 100. Therefore I think they look at each application individually and don't just judge based on the name :smile:
Reply 10

I think this list is for postgrad, but Cass is still ranked quite highly. Thanks!:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Dr R
After doing some research I found a list of the undergrad schools the current Harvard class attended, and many are not even in the top 100. Therefore I think they look at each application individually and don't just judge based on the name :smile:

Can you show the list please? I am interested too
Original post by Dr R

ignore some of the stupid posters

Mate, cass gets ppl in m7 MBAs and top ones here including LBS

Look at linkedin profiles.
Reply 13
Original post by h3110
Can you show the list please? I am interested too

http://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/class-profile/Pages/undergraduate-institutions.aspx

here you go, what do you think? I think it shows the importance they hold for diversity- they don't just scout for people from the top 10 schools, or they would end up with clones lol
Reply 14
Original post by Anonynmous
ignore some of the stupid posters

Mate, cass gets ppl in m7 MBAs and top ones here including LBS

Look at linkedin profiles.

Thank you for that! what does ''m7'' mean? :biggrin:

Yeah I think I'm just gonna go for BSc Management at Cass, do you have any tips for me at undergrad to make the most of it?

Also, can you post the Linkedin links, I haven't managed to find them, and would like to check out their profiles
Original post by Dr R
Thank you for that! what does ''m7'' mean? :biggrin:

Yeah I think I'm just gonna go for BSc Management at Cass, do you have any tips for me at undergrad to make the most of it?

Also, can you post the Linkedin links, I haven't managed to find them, and would like to check out their profiles

M7 = the top 7 US MBA programs

Do a google search bro, gonna need to have solid research skills if you want to get into Harvard :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

Do a google search bro, gonna need to have solid research skills if you want to get into Harvard :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

M7 is also a motorway in Ireland.
Original post by Melancholy
M7 is also a motorway in Ireland.

Congratulations Sherlock
*Shamrock
Reply 19
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha thanks, I've read around the topic a lot and hadn't come across the M7 so I was wandering if the person miswrote- but now I know :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending