The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Applicants for 2016

Scroll to see replies

AS/A2 subjects: Psychology, Sociology, Law

AS grades: BBBPredicted: AAB (I was literally a couple of marks away from As in both Psych and Law, cry)

Course applying for: BSc Criminology and Psychology

I'm applying to Southampton because it's the only Russell group university aside from Liverpool to do this joint honours. Also, I'm doing the A2S scheme so I'll get extra support and a nice bursary, as well as an alternative offer of BBC which I firmed a few weeks back! I like that it's quite far from where I live since I'm very adamant on experiencing independence in a city I've never lived in before. I also like that it's got good travel connections (it's own international airport, train lines that run throughout the country etc) as I intend to travel a lot, and great entertainment like concert halls and bars (I've heard, er... great things about Jesters...). So yeah, pretty pumped!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Got my offer a while back, just firmed it!

Course: MSc Risk Management

Are masters students always busy with course work or do they get time to join clubs and societies ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When will Southampton allocate accomodation for freshers. I have made my application few weeks ago. They say when halls are offered we have just a week to decide. When will they send the email. Soon or closer to summer?
[QUOTE=hedgemonkey;63788881]When will Southampton allocate accomodation for freshers. I have made my application few weeks ago. They say when halls are offered we have just a week to decide. When will they send the email. Soon or closer to summer?

I think they only give out accomodation offers once we have a confirmed place at the uni
Reply 584
Original post by Akshay.V
Got my offer a while back, just firmed it!

Course: MSc Risk Management

Are masters students always busy with course work or do they get time to join clubs and societies ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finally found a post-graduate :biggrin:I also hold offer for a master course (Marketing Management anyway)And yeah i wonder the same
Original post by EmmaTg
Finally found a post-graduate :biggrin:I also hold offer for a master course (Marketing Management anyway)And yeah i wonder the same

Haha! Well apparently, 1 year masters courses are rigorous, but a friend of mine is doing his masters in Nottingham and he says that you should get an adequate amount of time for sports etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I've put Southampton as my insurance, do i still need to apply for accommodation?
Original post by redhead97
I've put Southampton as my insurance, do i still need to apply for accommodation?

Yes! Southampton does both insurance and firm accommodation
Original post by a.r.29
Damn, I've had an offer from Southampton for an AAB, I got BBB at AS (a few marks away from an A in Maths and Physics) but I'm not sure whether to put Southampton or Swansea down as my firm. I looked at Swansea, and it had a massive £400m rebuild, every engineering facility completely brand new, but Southampton (I couldn't go on a visit day) is Russell Group, higher ranked and closer to home. I need the same grades. How are the facilities for Engineering? This is making me pretty damn anxious.

I need to get 2 grades up for Southampton too :frown:. Don't know about the engineering facilities, but the campus is lovely.
Reply 589
Original post by a.r.29
Damn, I've had an offer from Southampton for an AAB, I got BBB at AS (a few marks away from an A in Maths and Physics) but I'm not sure whether to put Southampton or Swansea down as my firm. I looked at Swansea, and it had a massive £400m rebuild, every engineering facility completely brand new, but Southampton (I couldn't go on a visit day) is Russell Group, higher ranked and closer to home. I need the same grades. How are the facilities for Engineering? This is making me pretty damn anxious.

I'm in the Faculty of Engineering but studying Audiology, not Engineering, but the Engineering facilities are supposed to be very good. Some parts of the faculty are on the main Highfield campus and some are in the new (and impressive) Bouldrewood campus 10 mins (if that) walk away.

If you're able to, I'd still try to visit sometime - have a walk around the campus to get a feel for the place and contact the faculty office to see if you can meet with a member of staff and maybe visit the facilities. There's nothing like being there in person to get an idea of what it's like.

I love Southampton, by the way, and can't imagine a better place to study!
i've just firmed Population and Geography!
Original post by CharlotteEm1998
Wow that's amazing I'm so jealous! Your personal statement must have been amazing! The population and geography course hopefully

I've just firmed Population and Geography!
I've just firmed for Psychology & Criminology!
Reply 593
Has anyone applied for podiatry and heard back?
Original post by MissDobalina
I got my offer a while back, but I've just submitted my accommodation request, and now it feels really real! It's my first choice, and I'm very excited!

To study: French and German
AS Grades: AAAA
Predicted A2: AAA
Reasons for Southampton: Lots of trees

All this means is more hayfever. Massive con.
Dоes anyone know something about the accommodation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sophieross
i've just firmed Population and Geography!

Same! But I might move to Geography BA
Reply 597
To Study: Msc in Data Science

Got an unconditional offer a while back(within 2 days after submitting), waiting for a reply from Edinburgh until third week of April otherwise will accept Soton's offer.
AS/A2 subjects: Sociology, Psychology, Law
AS/A2 grades: Predicted ABB - AAB
Course applying for: BSc Sociology
Choosing Southampton Because: Research intense, Russell Group Uni, I want to challenge and push myself more academically, good city life atmosphere which isn't *too* big, lot's of green space when I need change of scenery, on the south coast and easily accessible to other places of interest.

I have firmed Southampton and applied for accommodation! So excited!
anyone knows something about the "minor" that you can do outside your course ? :smile:
Is it available to everyone ? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending