The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Applicants for 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redhead97
Ah nice! I'm applying to UCL and Sussex also for Biomed and then Bath and Nottingham for Biochemistry :smile:
How about you?

I'm applying for Birmingham, bath, Warwick and reading :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 61
does getting an email from the uni to go to the applicant open day mean you have an offer from them?
Reply 62
Original post by 12284
does getting an email from the uni to go to the applicant open day mean you have an offer from them?

Check your Track, you will know if you have an offer
Original post by 12284

No, it means they've invited you back to have another look around. Which day are you going to?
I got accepted into Southampton Biomed today :smile: its my back up but its my first offer so I'm still excited!
Original post by redhead97
Where from: Berkshire
AS/A2 subjects: Chem, Bio, Psych (and Maths at AS)
AS grades: AAAB
A2 predicted grades: A*AA
Course applying for: Biomedical Science

Loved the uni, was really modern and provided great modules for my course

Anyone else applying for Biomed at Southampton?

me :smile:

I'll do my stats now:
Where from: Berkshire
AS/A2 subjects: Chem, Bio, Maths (and History at AS)
AS grades: AAAA
A2 predicted grades: A*A*A
Course applying for: Medicine + Biomedical Science (back up)
Original post by dancinglove
I got accepted into Southampton Biomed today :smile: its my back up but its my first offer so I'm still excited!

Congratulations!

Congrats! If you don't mind when did you send your application?
Where from: Swansea
AS/A2 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Geography (+ history at AS)
AS Grades: AAAB
A2 predicted grades: A*A*A
Course applying for: Biomedical Science, I got an offer today AAB 😊
Original post by thecsstudent
Congrats! If you don't mind when did you send your application?

6th October :smile: I know 4 people in my year at school got offers from Southampton for Biomed today, all of whom had applied before 15th October
I got an invitation to the Visit Day... :s-smilie: scary. I wonder how much my offer depends on it
Original post by Lagomorph
I got an invitation to the Visit Day... :s-smilie: scary. I wonder how much my offer depends on it

This is based of Oxbridge but generally I think they would use it as a metric but alongside everything else i.e. being nervous on the visit day but having good grades and ps is fine, but it does provide an opportunity to support weaker grades/ps.

Who else is going on the 10th of November?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 72
I got an offer and invitation to a UCAS visit day from them today for biomed too. I rang the admissions office up because i got the invitation before my offer and they said thats just because their system is being slow atm. :smile:
Well done to all!!!!
6th October :smile: I know 4 people in my year at school got offers from Southampton for Biomed today, all of whom had applied before 15th October

Okay thank you :smile: I hope I get an offer too!
I'm applying for Msci Marine Biology and Msci Marine Biology with study abroad at Southampton to study in 2016. However, am unsure if I am going to take a gap year yet! Do Southampton allow you to defer once you have been offered a place?
I got an email saying "Congratulations on your offer to study within the Centre for Biological Sciences at the University of Southampton." earlier today, but I do not know what the offer is. I have not found an application tracker for Southampton, and my UCAS track has not been updated yet.

What do I do???
Original post by Hazel37
I got an offer and invitation to a UCAS visit day from them today for biomed too. I rang the admissions office up because i got the invitation before my offer and they said thats just because their system is being slow atm. :smile:
Well done to all!!!!

Hey, I got the same email :smile: Did they send you the offer after?
Has anyone got an offer for Computer Science/Electronic Engineering yet?
Reply 78
Original post by Kiwiqueen
Hey, I got the same email :smile: Did they send you the offer after?

Yes!
I got the email at midnight, then got the offer at 5:30pm. If you got an email saying congratulations, then you got the offer. :smile: :smile: :smile:
oh my gosh, so many of you have applied! I'm panicking now that I'm going to be really late in applying, am hoping to send of my application beginning of November, do you think this will weaken my chances?? Adult nursing by the way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending