The Student Room Group

URGENT help required!!

Hi I am extremely disappointed at my UKCAT score, which is 592.5 average. This has closed so many doors for me, so much that I don't think anywhere will take me :frown: I am very upset, to a point it's effecting my health. I need urgent help and advice please, the hope of becoming a doctor is what is keeping me alive. My personal statement isn't great, and I only have 6 days to change it.

The rest of my application looks like this:
GCSE: 4A*4A 1B(English) 1D*
AS: AABB
A2 Predictions: AAA

Please help me, I really need it.
Focus on your personal statement - it is just as important as any other part of your application!
Don't feel too down - if you want it badly enough, you'll get there somehow, no matter if you have to do a different degree before/resit ukcat and reapply.
Best of luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by f.loco
Hi I am extremely disappointed at my UKCAT score, which is 592.5 average. This has closed so many doors for me, so much that I don't think anywhere will take me :frown: I am very upset, to a point it's effecting my health. I need urgent help and advice please, the hope of becoming a doctor is what is keeping me alive. My personal statement isn't great, and I only have 6 days to change it.

The rest of my application looks like this:
GCSE: 4A*4A 1B(English) 1D*
AS: AABB
A2 Predictions: AAA

Please help me, I really need it.

Have you considered the BMAT? It could be useful in your position and Bristol doesn't require entry exams but needs a super strong personal statement so if you can do that it will open more doors. Also, a well planned gap year could make you even stronger in a year, there are so many opportunities don't give up!
Reply 3
Original post by Fannibal
Have you considered the BMAT? It could be useful in your position and Bristol doesn't require entry exams but needs a super strong personal statement so if you can do that it will open more doors. Also, a well planned gap year could make you even stronger in a year, there are so many opportunities don't give up!

I am doing the BMAT. Do you think I should apply to 2 BMAT uni's since my UKCAT is horrible? Please do let me know, yes my PS does need to be very strong. Thanks for the support, I hope I make it. I hope you get to your destination too.
Reply 4
Original post by f.loco
I am doing the BMAT. Do you think I should apply to 2 BMAT uni's since my UKCAT is horrible? Please do let me know, yes my PS does need to be very strong. Thanks for the support, I hope I make it. I hope you get to your destination too.

Yes, 2 BMAT unis might be a good idea as well as unis that don't really look at the UKCAT (I think Cardiff might not but I might be wrong). Obviously it's a bit of a gamble since you don't know how well you'll do at the BMAT but I think it's worth a try. :h:
Original post by Fannibal

afaik bristol requires an A at gcse english

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending