The Student Room Group

Shall I report my teacher?

Hi, for the past few days I feel my teacher is becoming a bully, and im not using the term 'bully' lightly. Basically I'm in Year 13 and she is my new A2 teacher for History. We're doing coursework at the moment, and we're meant to show her some draft paragraphs. I placed my hand up to give them in, she blatently ignored, I placed it a second time and said "miss" so she couldnt ignore. She looked at me and immidetaly said to the other student "do you need help" the other student said no so she came to me. I gave me my paragraphs and she instantly criticed it infront of whole class. I came out in tears.

Today I went to her today at the start of the lesson as I improved on my mistakes. She said to me in such a nasty way "I refuse to look at any of your work today, you took too much of my time up yesterday I want to see other students." All the class was shocked at this, mainly because of the way she said it. I sat down and cried, she didnt see but other students were asking if I was ok. However, at the end once she saw all the other students she came to me and was somewhat pleasant, she looked through my plan and gave me advice. However, could just be an act because she felt I may have reported her especially as the whole class saw?

She is marking my coursework, and has even told the class that we should "keep her sweet"

Its depressing me because History used to be my favourite subject.
I think you should report her. I have a similar teacher which hasn't yet marked my IGCSE English Language coursework, but he's marked every other individual in my class. His excuse is that he didn't get an email. :biggrin:
Original post by HenryKenry
Hi, for the past few days I feel my teacher is becoming a bully, and im not using the term 'bully' lightly. Basically I'm in Year 13 and she is my new A2 teacher for History. We're doing coursework at the moment, and we're meant to show her some draft paragraphs. I placed my hand up to give them in, she blatently ignored, I placed it a second time and said "miss" so she couldnt ignore. She looked at me and immidetaly said to the other student "do you need help" the other student said no so she came to me. I gave me my paragraphs and she instantly criticed it infront of whole class. I came out in tears.

Today I went to her today at the start of the lesson as I improved on my mistakes. She said to me in such a nasty way "I refuse to look at any of your work today, you took too much of my time up yesterday I want to see other students." All the class was shocked at this, mainly because of the way she said it. I sat down and cried, she didnt see but other students were asking if I was ok. However, at the end once she saw all the other students she came to me and was somewhat pleasant, she looked through my plan and gave me advice. However, could just be an act because she felt I may have reported her especially as the whole class saw?

She is marking my coursework, and has even told the class that we should "keep her sweet"

I'm sorry you feel this way, I've had a similar experience with a previous maths teacher which made me basically not care about the subject, and later suffered for this as my grades dropped from an A to a B.

I think that you should have a short discussion with the teacher in question regarding her attitude to you, maybe she had a bad day (though this is no excuse to take it out on you). If this doesn't help your situation I'd suggest you talk to your parents and see the school principle/supervisor to have further discussions about this teachers behaviour (possibly mention in private your fears about her marking you negatively). Hope things get better for you :smile:
I think you should report her as well, to your director of studies or head of year. Teachers are there to help you, not humiliate you :smile:
Definitely speak to someone about it. Especially if you have other people in the class to back you up. Obviously teachers get stressed and aggy but she is just being completely unreasonable and nasty from the sounds of it.
I had this happen to me and i got fed up and confronted the teacher at the end of one of his lessons lesson when everyone had gone. It embarrassed him and he wouldn't stop apologising for the rest of the term as he felt really bad. He admitted to being deliberately nasty and gave me reasons which he himself said were unjustifiable.
Teachers tend to get a kick out of humiliating students they dislike in front of the whole class for some reason.
Report him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Report her/him immediately and let her know that you have done so.
Snitches get stitches. No one likes a snitch.
Leave it for now, if the situation gets worse or doesn't improve in the next couple of weeks, and it becomes clear that she is becoming serious, then consider it again.
Report her. She should have more empathy as a teacher. One would think she became a teacher to help students - not humiliate them. Reporting her will remind her of that.
Don't take that , report the bitch!

Report her.

Teachers have a duty to care and educate - it seems like she is lacking in both.
History teachers are cows I swear. Is there some sort of trend going on? I cried in front of my history teacher once, she was a terrible teacher and should have just stayed in finance tbh:rolleyes: my hate for her will never vanish.I feel like they are unsatisfied with their lives or something that's why they are complete cows. Any teacher is that acts like this should be reported.

I moved for 6th form and my new history teacher is lovely, he has a passion for history and teaching, he could talk for hours about the Nationalism and imperialism and the wars etc in his strong irish accent, I love it because you can hear the passion:biggrin: That's what teaching is really supposed to feel like.

you need to report this now. get your parents involved and they may take more notice, also possibly ask a few of the classmates that saw to write up a paragraph as a witness statement, it will help back your case
Original post by Justmoll28
you need to report this now. get your parents involved and they may take more notice, also possibly ask a few of the classmates that saw to write up a paragraph as a witness statement, it will help back your case

Do you think I should wait until I get my coursework mark and if it's low take it from there because I don't want to get on her wrong side
Do you think I should wait until I get my coursework mark and if it's low take it from there because I don't want to get on her wrong side

Yeah because they just won't think you're pissed due to low marks you lil snake,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending