The Student Room Group

Is DSA transferrable

I have been awarded DSA and had an assessment and recommendations were made including transport costs to and from Uni. However I may have to leave my course as I have been turned down for tuition. I am thinking to complete my OU courses instead as I would receive funding for this. I am aware that I would be entitled to DSA but would like to know if it is transferrable or would I need to re-apply and undergo another assessment.

Does anyone know??
Anecdotal example: I had my DSA assessment at my old uni at the beginning of my final year. When I started postrgad at a different uni, I had to complete new DSA forms and meet with an adviser at the uni, but didn't have to go to another needs assessment because my last one was only a year ago.
Reply 2
Thanks very much for that. My DSA assessment was only completed last month and I will more than likely change to do the OU course next month.
You'd have to fill in new forms. Some peoples DSA includes non medical help and they (DSA) would have to know who to pay, etc. You'd only have to undergo a new assessment if your needs have changed a lot / you have a new condition or you change to a completely different course.

Quick Reply

Latest