The Student Room Group

Dsa eligibility

I have physical disability. But im an EU student who's been resident here for more than 3 yrs. Can I apply or do I need to meet other criteria?
Original post by Vano2018
I have physical disability. But im an EU student who's been resident here for more than 3 yrs. Can I apply or do I need to meet other criteria?

Hi Vano2018,

What status do you hold in the UK?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi there,

You wouldn't be eligible unless you qualify for full support with settled status.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 3
So if I apply as migrant worker eventually for full support, then I can apply for dsa? Or what do you mean exactly? I saw on dsa requirements you can't get dsa if you only get tuition fee loan.
So if I apply as migrant worker eventually for full support, then I can apply for dsa? Or what do you mean exactly? I saw on dsa requirements you can't get dsa if you only get tuition fee loan.

Hi Vano,

If you are applying as a Migrant Worker and you are eligible under this criteria, then you will be eligible for full support including DSA.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 5
I have applied for tuition fees loan for now. Should I wait to fill in migrant form or still go ahead and do this application now? Because I don't want the fees thing to be an issue with university since there's a fixed deadline for them to accept sfe payment. And I read somewhere if sfe gets migrant form they will cancel the tuition fee application.
I have applied for tuition fees loan for now. Should I wait to fill in migrant form or still go ahead and do this application now? Because I don't want the fees thing to be an issue with university since there's a fixed deadline for them to accept sfe payment. And I read somewhere if sfe gets migrant form they will cancel the tuition fee application.

Hi there,

If you have applied for EU funding for Tuition Fees, then you're not eligible for DSA. If you're going to be applying as a Migrant Worker, then you when you apply for this, you would also apply for DSA.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending