The Student Room Group

Just 5 mins with her (never to meet again)...how to take it to the 'next stage'

So a few days ago I was walking to work, when this girl looked lost. She recognised my uniform and approached me to ask for directions to my work place, as she was doing some third party work there and had never been there before.
I walked with her since o was going there anyway, and it was only a short walk (2-3mins).

We walked through the building then I showed her where to sign in, what she had to do as a visitor, where to go, etc.
All in all I was with her for about 5 short minutes or so.

In between we chatted about her background, how she was finding her new job and a bit about my background.
She seemed like a really interesting girl, who I would like to have gotten to know a bit better...what should I have done so I can learn for next time?

I've been a bit crap with girls over the years, and I want to get better, especially since I'm more comfortable and confident about myself.
How could I have taken things further than this brief encounter, since I was never going to see her again (at least very unlikely anyway)?

Would asking for her number be a bit too forward?
Or is there not much more you can do in a situation like this, and just accept you won't see her again?
Just start a convo and speak about the same rubbish. Then look at your phone and be like "oh **** I've got a meeting" (half way through her finishing her sentence) Then be like "im so sorry, I really don't mean to be rude but I just realised I really need to get there now"- She'll be like it's "fine don't apologize". Then be like I'll make it up to you with coffee sometime and BAM get her number. This method will 100 percent work. I except many reps too because it's my secret tbh
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
Original post by TheSexyApple
Just start a convo and speak about the same rubbish. Then look at your phone and be like "oh **** I've got a meeting" (half way through her finishing her sentence) Then be like "im so sorry, I really don't mean to be rude but I just realised I really need to get there now"- She'll be like it's "fine don't apologize". Then be like I'll make it up to you with coffee sometime and BAM get her number. This method will 100 percent work. I except many reps too because it's my secret tbh

Haha, does it actually with though...

Girls, what do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending