The Student Room Group

My boyfriends family hate me.

Long story short i've been with my boyfriend for 2 years. We've got a 4 month old baby together and i have a child from my previous.
My boyfriend lives with us and his mum sister nephew her boyfriend live 10
mins away and the same as his grand parents and his cousins aunts are all within 30 mins. But when i fell pregnant we hasn't really been together that long but it is what it is. I kept saying before the baby comes i need to meet your family as i never met them and since we got together they have brought my daughter birthdays and christmas presents every year. 3 times his family cancelled on me to meet me and it just never happened. i went into labor and his sister and mum come to the hospital that day (i was only in the hosp 12 hours then discharged) i met them there and then for the first time on god knows what as i literally just gave birth 8 hours before. and they gave the whole come round bring your daughter we need to meet her and everything. I come home then 3 days later my boyfriend takes out baby to his nans but doesn't take me or my daughter. and again and basically this has happened for 4 months. i even text his sister and said about how i feel like some surrogate and no one has bothered to get to know us. She told me she's told my boyfriend to bring me but doesn't. I don't understand if it's my boyfriend or his family? But no one ever asks how we are his sister has my number and not once asked if she can come over or see us she actually cancelled us a couple times. But his mum turned around and said that she knows i don't like her but she would love to treat my daughter like her own.
It's making me feel really insecure they seem like such a close family but no one ever wants to bother with me or my daughter but since i've given birth they've brought her clothes and loads of toys. I feel like they hate me and don't respect me either as they've tried doing things without saying anything to me or lying about my partner being with our baby when he went and played football. i don't know if i'm just being stupid but my family have met him, always invite him everywhere come round and see us all the time. But not one message or visit from his family. I feel like all they cared about was my son but then they don't owe me or
my daughter anything even though my partner is adopting her. I generally feel like the next time i'll see them is his first birthday. I want to text saying how i feel but i feel like i sound stupid or asking to see them and then nothing but it seems like there's always an excuse and i just don't know what to do and when i say it to my partner he says it's his fault for not bringing me around or making plans.
Reply 1
Original post by sm2118
Long story short i've been with my boyfriend for 2 years. We've got a 4 month old baby together and i have a child from my previous.
My boyfriend lives with us and his mum sister nephew her boyfriend live 10
mins away and the same as his grand parents and his cousins aunts are all within 30 mins. But when i fell pregnant we hasn't really been together that long but it is what it is. I kept saying before the baby comes i need to meet your family as i never met them and since we got together they have brought my daughter birthdays and christmas presents every year. 3 times his family cancelled on me to meet me and it just never happened. i went into labor and his sister and mum come to the hospital that day (i was only in the hosp 12 hours then discharged) i met them there and then for the first time on god knows what as i literally just gave birth 8 hours before. and they gave the whole come round bring your daughter we need to meet her and everything. I come home then 3 days later my boyfriend takes out baby to his nans but doesn't take me or my daughter. and again and basically this has happened for 4 months. i even text his sister and said about how i feel like some surrogate and no one has bothered to get to know us. She told me she's told my boyfriend to bring me but doesn't. I don't understand if it's my boyfriend or his family? But no one ever asks how we are his sister has my number and not once asked if she can come over or see us she actually cancelled us a couple times. But his mum turned around and said that she knows i don't like her but she would love to treat my daughter like her own.
It's making me feel really insecure they seem like such a close family but no one ever wants to bother with me or my daughter but since i've given birth they've brought her clothes and loads of toys. I feel like they hate me and don't respect me either as they've tried doing things without saying anything to me or lying about my partner being with our baby when he went and played football. i don't know if i'm just being stupid but my family have met him, always invite him everywhere come round and see us all the time. But not one message or visit from his family. I feel like all they cared about was my son but then they don't owe me or
my daughter anything even though my partner is adopting her. I generally feel like the next time i'll see them is his first birthday. I want to text saying how i feel but i feel like i sound stupid or asking to see them and then nothing but it seems like there's always an excuse and i just don't know what to do and when i say it to my partner he says it's his fault for not bringing me around or making plans.

Talk to your family about it. Get them on your side and then confront your boyfriend. Try and contact his sister if possible as she seems more open than his parents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending