The Student Room Group

Girl trouble

about 5 months ago i was seeing the same girl most mornings at work in passing and was getting smiles off her, never said hi or anything - again this went on for a couple of weeks and suddenly she disappeared - i found out she moved to another department but i didnt see her again. I then tried to reach out on linkedin - i saw her name on her badge. But then she blocked me on linkedin and then i didt see her for like a whole month. I thought forget it leave it. Now im seeing her again, ive ran into her a lot of times in the past couple of months and ive had plenty of opportuntiies to apologise but sometimes she avoids my gaze. Sometimes she looks at me. Ive realised ive never really apologised to her or ask her whats wrong. next time i see her shoud i ask her if i can speak to her and apologise if ive done anything to upset her.

I cant just do nothing because im going to continue to see her and its awkward.

Scroll to see replies

If she blocked you from just trying to get in contact over Linkedin then that's a pretty big sign she doesn't want anything to do with you. As for seeing her at work constantly, unfortunately this is common - at my old job two of my co workers dated, they broke up but still had to put up with seeing each other regularly at work.

You're going to have to just swallow your pride and carry on, or one of you changes job.
Reply 2
Next time you meet her.....IGNORE HER COMPLETELY. Look at her for 2 seconds so that she knows you have seen her, then look away and proceed. This action will make her question why you didnt react the usual way. Women respond well to mystery. You will turn the tables
Reply 3
Original post by LeoKisia
Next time you meet her.....IGNORE HER COMPLETELY. Look at her for 2 seconds so that she knows you have seen her, then look away and proceed. This action will make her question why you didnt react the usual way. Women respond well to mystery. You will turn the tables
I already have done this.
Reply 4
I would leave it, doesn’t sound like she’ll be receptive to an apology and it might make things worse. Things might ease with time if you keep your distance and behave professionally.
Is this ongoing from a previous thread?
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
No
Reply 7
Whats the harm in apologising?
Original post by Anonymous #1
about 5 months ago i was seeing the same girl most mornings at work in passing and was getting smiles off her, never said hi or anything - again this went on for a couple of weeks and suddenly she disappeared - i found out she moved to another department but i didnt see her again. I then tried to reach out on linkedin - i saw her name on her badge. But then she blocked me on linkedin and then i didt see her for like a whole month. I thought forget it leave it. Now im seeing her again, ive ran into her a lot of times in the past couple of months and ive had plenty of opportuntiies to apologise but sometimes she avoids my gaze. Sometimes she looks at me. Ive realised ive never really apologised to her or ask her whats wrong. next time i see her shoud i ask her if i can speak to her and apologise if ive done anything to upset her.

It sounds like you were never an item so maybe she's just not into you. If you've done nothing and she doesn't want to speak to you she might have gotten into a relationship.
Its difficult to say. All girls are different. Every scenario is different. If shes a forgiving girl she might be approachable. As long as you didnt send any offensive messages etc maybe give it a shot. I guess there is no harm in trying to sort it out 5 months later.
Reply 10

Plz leave this women alone she has made it clear she doesn’t want anything from your . It won’t be awkward at work if you stop looking at her
Reply 11
Original post by appleonly
Plz leave this women alone she has made it clear she doesn’t want anything from your . It won’t be awkward at work if you stop looking at her
Yes she made it clear 5 months ago. She must have thought how did i find her name out etc. I guess it is a bit of a unusual way to approach someone and i feel like i need to apologise.
If you feel she will be receptive to an approach or apology then go for it. Although make it quick and simple.
i apologised to her. She responded with 'apology accepted and thank you' . I think she said ill unblock you but couldnt hear her properly
i apologised to her. She responded with 'apology accepted and thank you' . I think she said ill unblock you but couldnt hear her properly

Sounds like she was responsive. Did she face you as you were talking? Did she go straight away?
Original post by Admit-One

I agree with you, I'm sure it's the same as this thread, despite his denials

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398696

I think you're deluded. You need to leave this girl alone. NOW!

Jeepers, I'm starting to have genuine concerns here now.
Original post by LeoKisia
If you like to play games & mess with peoples' heads, follow this advice.

I would under no circumstances recommend seriously pursuing a person using such strategies, unless you have an actual appetite for toxic relationships. I occasionally do this just to be spiteful, if I'm having a bad week and feel disrespected by someone. But it certainly doesn't mean I like or am interested in that person, and it rarely happens anyway. I've mostly grown out of this sort of crap, but occasionally I make an exception if I cross paths with someone 'special' enough to elicit this type of reaction from me.
Original post by Old Skool Freak

I agree with you, I'm sure it's the same as this thread, despite his denials

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398696

I think you're deluded. You need to leave this girl alone. NOW!

Jeepers, I'm starting to have genuine concerns here now.

Why is op deluded for apologising?
Original post by Anonymous #4
Why is op deluded for apologising?

Because this guy comes across as obsessed with this girl, and he doesn't seem to know when to take "no" for an answer. Frankly, I think she only accepted his apology, just to shut him up and keep the peace (that's if she actually did, and he's not just saying that here, in order to get favourable answers).

If you haven't already read the link in my other post, then I suggest you do so... so you've got a better understanding of the full story. If you do, you'll see he secretly wants to try again "but properly this time", whereas she's made it pretty clear she's not interested. For everyone's sake (including the OP's) he needs to learn to just leave it, and move on. He tried to add her on Social Media after finding out her name by dubious means... what does that tell you?

The only thing he should be doing is avoiding her as much as he can... on the inevitable times their paths do cross, then just avoid eye-contact and make a point of looking elsewhere.

I think he's only posting again because he didn't like the answers he got from the other thread, and he's hoping someone will now tell him "Go for it, my son". Nothing at all has changed from how I see things.
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Because this guy comes across as obsessed with this girl, and he doesn't seem to know when to take "no" for an answer. Frankly, I think she only accepted his apology, just to shut him up and keep the peace (that's if she actually did, and he's not just saying that here, in order to get favourable answers).

If you haven't already read the link in my other post, then I suggest you do so... so you've got a better understanding of the full story. If you do, you'll see he secretly wants to try again "but properly this time", whereas she's made it pretty clear she's not interested. For everyone's sake (including the OP's) he needs to learn to just leave it, and move on. He tried to add her on Social Media after finding out her name by dubious means... what does that tell you?

The only thing he should be doing is avoiding her as much as he can... on the inevitable times their paths do cross, then just avoid eye-contact and make a point of looking elsewhere.

I think he's only posting again because he didn't like the answers he got from the other thread, and he's hoping someone will now tell him "Go for it, my son". Nothing at all has changed from how I see things.

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending